“Serene and Magical”

Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Vacherie B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The trees themselves are majestic. My husband and I stayed in cottage 5A. As stated by others, there is no t.v., no phone, just a superb setting. Make sure you have dinner before you stay in for the evening!
The restaurant on the grounds closes at about 3:30 and if you are there on the weekend, especially on Sunday, there is NO WHERE to eat. You would really have to drive a bit to find a place. There is no (safe) corner store to buy anything. I suggest you bring a couple of po'boys with you and have a picnic under the trees when the place closes down and you have the grounds to yourselves. You can pretend it is your own mansion!
If you stay at the cottages, you will have a free full breakfast and then get an early tour before the crowds come in. This is a beautiful place!

Room Tip: 5A has a full fridge.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We rented one of the cottages and it was great.

As one of the other reviewers noted you have free reign at night to the grounds and lower veranda of the Mansion. We loved that.

Also we were able to take an early tour the next morning before it got too hot and take pictures before the hordes of other tourists arrived which was great. It was like owning the grounds getting pictures with just us and the Oaks.

The breakfast in the restaurant was so so but the employees were super nice , welcoming and helpful.

The bed was a temperpedic which I had never tried before for a full night so that was a treat. I loved it. May buy one of those now when my mattress final goes out.

The only thing that would have made this better would have been if the furniture in the cottage hadn't been so dated and weirdly incongruos. It was sort of a mismash of victorian and pseudo antiques that weren't even from the period of the plantation mixed with bad upolstered pieces from the 1990's like a huge overstuffed green couch which seemed strangly out of place.

Still it was a great value and I would recomend it as a road trip stop over on the way to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Book The Cottages Closest to the Mansion
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2011

From the beautiful grounds to the awesome cottage, this place was great. The cottage was clean, cute, and pretty. The cost for the size and quality of the place was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay on a plantation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My husband and I visited Oak Alley and absolutely loved it. Everyone there was wonderful and the house is just breathtaking. If you get to go make sure to take a camera as there are hundreds of photo opportunities. Also, be sure to try the restaurant there. We had breakfast, the crawfish omelette is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Staying on the grounds of the Oak Alley Planation was an awesome experience. We stayed in one of the cottages. They were decorated very beautifully and were very big and spacious. All of the staff were exceptionally cordial and friendly and we enjoyed talking to them very much. I recommend to anyone staying in that area to look at accommodations such as these. You can really get the feel of the south and how it must have felt during the l800's.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2011

At first, I didn't know if it would be worth driving all the way out to this plantation just to stay in a cottage, but it was a wonderful, unique experience. We stayed in cabin 5a and were the only guests on the grounds. We walked around the mansion, the garden and the unbelievable oak trees that were all lit up. Didn't see any ghosts. The room had a full fridge and microwave (no sink in the kitchen which was weird). For bkfst I had the crawfish omelette and my husband had the plantation omelette. Both were fantastic and probably a much better bkfst than you would get at a typical B&B. The internet access was fast. The only reason we didn't rate it 5 circles was because they didn't include a tour of the home for free or at least a discount with the stay.

Note: There isn't a lot nearby and the restaurant is not open for dinner. So, stop at a grocery store before you get here. We had to drive 30 min to Thibideaux to get some wine, cheese and crackers for dinner. There is a Piggly Wiggly closer but it closes at 7pm. Also, we brought our bikes to peddle around the grounds, but they aren't that big. It was a short bike ride.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LazyOtterOutfitters
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I've always wanted to stay at Oak Alley, so I was really happy to finally get the chance a few weeks ago. We stayed in cottage 6, and because we arrived so late, we decided to have dinner arranged and left in our refrigerator, so we just heated it up in the microwave once we got there. The cottage was adorable and very spacious. My only complaint was the beds. I know all of the other reviews rave about the Temper Pedic beds, but I'm not a fan. I had never slept on one before, and it was just too hard for me, so I barely got any sleep. Just know that, if you are used to sleeping on softer mattresses. But the breakfast was good (especially the biscuits), and the service was great. Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful. Overall, it was a lovely experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone thinking about staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vacherie
Carmel Inn and Suites
Carmel Inn and Suites
#1 of 5 in Thibodaux
The Inn at Houmas House
14 mi away
Madewood Plantation House
Madewood Plantation House
#1 of 1 in Napoleonville

Been to Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant & Inn? Share your experiences!