“Good enough”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Thibodaux
Baltimore, MD
“Good enough”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I came back to my room one night and there were a group of people standing in front of my door hanging out. I called the front desk and the manager came within minutes and asked them to relocate. The bed is not too comfortable, but it will do for a couple of nights. One morning I opened shower curtain and there was a gigantic insect. I didn't see any else during my stay, so I think it must have come in from outside versus an infestation. The breakfast bar is average, would be nice to have some fruit and bread (only mini bagels and biscuits) options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't open to the pool area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DannyDonham, General Manager at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Carmel Inn Thibodaux with others on TripAdvisor.com. Guest feedback is so important to hotel operators in their effort to continually move forward in the quest of making today better than yesterday for our guests.

I apologize that guys with the other party staying here at the hotel chose to visit so close to your room when you were trying to rest. Thankfully they were amicable to quickly move to the gazebo to finish their visiting.

With regards to breakfast, I'm afraid you may have missed out on the full presentation. Mrs. Josephine serves the following items on her daily breakfast bar: hot scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage, grits, country gravy, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, juices, and milk. Since the time of your posting to TripAdvisor.com we have increased our fresh fruit offerings to better meet our guests expectations.

I hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are in the Thibodaux area.

danny@carmelinnofla.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
canmore
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Started out with an outside room with the car parked right at the door and the key didn't work. Not a great start. When we returned to the desk for a new key we were moved to an interior room pool side, PERFECT! Huge room, laundry facilities on site which was very helpful when you've been traveling for a week. Included breakfast was hot and served by a very kind lady. There are not a lot of choices for accommodation in town so this was a good find. 5 minute brisk walk to town which had a great selection of restaurants. If you want to go where the locals go be sure to check out Rene's for a beer. Beware, not for the faint of heart but a true watering hole, and really quite entertaining.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you don't want to feel like you are at a motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank canmorebackpacker
Thank you for taking time to share with others on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent experience at Carmel Inn. I also appreciate the kind words regarding Mrs. Josephine (our Breakfast Host). She has been working at the hotel for 33 years! She is truly an asset to the hotel's staff.

I am so glad that we were able to redeem your confidence with the move to the poolside room. There are many different guests that pass through our hotel. Some prefer the outer rooms for parking convenience and others the poolside for the view. I am glad that we were able provide a great experience for you!

Tomball, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for a business function. We had 40 people in attendance and those that stayed at the hotel were very happy. We stayed at the Carmel Inn on the recommendation of someone at Nicholls State University.

I worked with Joe on our reservations and he went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. He even called the morning of our arrival to find out what time we would be arriving and to let me know he would be there waiting for us. Our room by the pool was great...clean and spacious...they even added a couch so we would have more space to work.
The morning of our meeting, we arrived at the location we had scheduled; only to find out our meeting space was under construction! I called the hotel at 7:50am to ask if they could help us with space...Jamie told me they had a room available, it wasn’t set up for a meeting, but come to the hotel. We arrived at 8:00am they were already working to set it up. We were conducting business by 8:15.

The owner came by several times to check on us make sure we had everything we needed, as did the General Manager. This hotel has been in the Gaubert family for 38 years and the pride shows.

Awesome customer service and a great "can do" attitude. We will always stay here when in Thibodaux.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GretchenFagan

The Carmel Inn is celebrating being owned by the same family for 40 years!! The same family that built the hotel still operates it today. There is an eye for detail and customer service found here that has gone by the wayside in much of the hotel industry today. Our owners are an integral part of our day-to-day operations here at the hotel. I am certain they will be pleased to hear your comments about the hotels upkeep and customer service.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I'm not quite sure why people give this hotel bad reviews. Our three night stay was quite nice. Our room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We slept as well as we do at home.
The pool and pool area was really nice with a huge pool, lounge chairs, and shaded tables.
The staff was friendly, and the owner introduced himself to us. He also told us about the area and suggested some sights we should see.
We would stay here again, and we would recommend you stay here too.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank joycecarol
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2016
I'm delighted you had such a pleasent stay recently! Thank you so much to the shoutout to our accomdations, and I'm glad you enjoyed the pool, too. Anyway, I can't wait to pass on all your kind words to the staff. Hopefully, the next time you're in the neighborhood, you'll stay with us again. Till then!

Take care,
Greg - Owner
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice motel with standard rooms you'd expect for the price.

Breakfast was supposed to be served from 7.00, but didn't get there until about 7.30. It was worth the wait, though. Fresh biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausages and other goodies were served by two friendly ladies, who kinda laughed at my husband for not knowing how the toaster worked, but when asked for assistance, didn't seem to know how to operate it themselves.

Nothing too special, but great value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank s1llybunnyrabb1t
Cortland, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just recently stayed at the Carmel. The management and staff were friendly and went over and above to meet my needs. I would definitely stay there again. The room was very clean and location was excellent. The pool was great and there were a lot of shaded areas around the pool. Last but not least the price was the best in the city!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Faye C
Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

From the minute that I walked in, everyone was very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here and will come back again. The location was perfect to everything that I needed. Yes the hotel is older and wont be perfect so dont expect the Hilton, but with that being said it was all that I needed to make my three night stay very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank debbiegreen6912
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thibodaux
Hampton Inn & Suites Thibodaux
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houma
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#4 of 5 in Thibodaux

Been to Carmel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!