“I'LL B BACK”

Motel 6 Thibodaux
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Thibodaux
“I'LL B BACK”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and i had a wonderful time. It was our first time at the hotel. Our needs were met as soon as we called the front desk. The grankids had a lot of fun in the swimming pool. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends. Thank u quality inn for a good two days

• Stayed April 2013
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are so glad that you took the time for the review. The staff and I was very pleased that you enjoyed the stay and cooled off in the pool. We want to be the family fun hotel that can enjoy the Pool. New Fitness center & Sauna. Hope to see you again when passing through.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this property twice now. I didn't think of it being on Trip Advisor. I was looking up something else. Came across it. I am sorry that some of the previous guests had some issues.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I was treated like Royalty. Really Appreciated. The rate was good. The breakfast was fine.
I will return when we are working in the area again.

Hope this helps for the upcoming summer guests.
Color me a satisfied guest of the Quality Inn & Suites
To the Owners you are doing BETTER!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here last year, and while it was not bad, it was just okay. This time everything was nice, clean, comfortable, and friendly! What a pleasant turn! I will definitely stay the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were visiting in the area. We liked the rate. Everything was very good. The Clerk was friendly upon check-in. We were told of a new General Manager. Started to stay here a few months back when we were in the area. Decided not too, well we are so glad we gave them a try! New management must be doing there job.Enjoyed it. We will be back when we return in May.

Wished the breakfast could be a little better by then.
I would recommend it for a business traveler or a family.
Good Job, Quality Inn
We will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for the valued review of our Quality Inn & Suites. I will let our staff know that the hard work is paying off. I do have plans to change up our breakfast selections so, that we offer more choices and it will appeal to all. We will look for your return in May and again, thanks for the review.
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hotel had good parking and nice lighting for an exterior door hotel. Rooms were clean and bathrooms OK. Only complaint was there was no warm breakfast items on the complimentary breakfast. That is one thing usually found in this chain nationwide. Overall, will stay again when in area.

Room Tip: Interior rooms face the pool so choose depending on season. Some 1st floor south rooms look to be su...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Quality Inn & Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are always interested in what our guest have to say and the ways we can improve with guest satisfaction.
Port Isabel, TX
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The rooms were clean but their was a strong small of cat even the motel has a no pet rule. I asked for and got some room fresher which helped with the smell. After taking a shower we found the drain didn't work. My husband borrowed the plunger and worked on it. In the beginning the wireless connection didn't work but eventually did. At least the beds were fine and breakfast typical of a quality inn.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Thibodaux hotels

Patterson, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I'm glad to see Ms. Bernard addressing reviews about her hotel here, and am anxious for her to address mine.
On the evening of Tuesday, June 26, 2012 the power plant in the town in which my Mother and I reside caught fire. Subsequently, the entire town went completely black for nearly 2 days.
When the breadth of the damage became apparent, I began looking for a hotel. The Quality Inn in Thibodaux, LA gave me a price of $77/night for a room w/2 queen size beds. As I have 4 dogs (30lbs, 25lbs, 10lbs & 3lbs) I asked the desk clerk if the hotel accepted pets. He replied that there was a $25 charge. That sounded reasonable to me, and I cheerfully responded, "I'll take it!" I reserved the room on my debit card, and my Mother and I proceeded to lock up, and gather our belongings for the short trip to Thibodaux.
We arrived at 11pm to check in. As per expected, the hotel was swamped with people from my area searching for some sort of sanctuary. The poor desk clerk, who appeared to be alone, was cheerfully running himself ragged. My Mother and the dogs stayed in the car while I patiently awaited my turn. The patrons in the lobby were friendly, and the mood was upbeat. We paid by check, but I never saw a receipt at that time. The amount seemed close to what I expected, so I never questioned it. We were eventually assigned room 131, which is a scant 50' from, and in plain view of the front desk.
Upon entering the room my Mother immediately noticed that the TV wouldn't turn on. We also noticed that the refrigerator was warm. When I picked up the phone to call the front desk it was dead, so I called on my cell. The clerk was once again VERY nice, and said he would send someone over. Shortly, Matt came to inspect.
I let him into the room; my dogs were in plain view. They did not bother him, and he said not a word in reference to them.
Matt soon discovered that something behind the TV cabinet was turned off. I could not have done this myself as the cabinet was quite heavy. Matt indicated that this was probably the issue with the refrigerator as well, but it would take a while to cool off.
We were starving at by this time, so my Mother and I ordered pizza at about 12:30am. It arrived at nearly 1:00am. The driver called our room phone to announce its arrival.
He then checked out the telephone, which it turned out was also unplugged. Once he plugged it back in it worked fine.
Matt called Ms. Bernard on his cell phone (I think I heard him call her Mom, not that it matters), and indicated that the problems had been resolved. I thanked him profusely. He left cheerfully, and with a smile.
The next morning we awoke and decided to make coffee; however, the plug for the coffee pot wasn't working. Remembering the issues from the previous evening I decided to call the front desk. The clerk indicated that someone would be sent right over.
Shortly, there was a knock on the door. I opened it about 4", and my 25lb Beagle mix stuck his nose in the crack and sniffed... He NEVER barked, or growled.
Upon seeing the dog, one housekeeper jumped to the side so quickly that I never even saw her face. She screamed SO LOUDLY, and I was shocked so badly that I was unable to speak. The other poor girl just stood there with her hand over her mouth, obviously flipping out, and not knowing what to say. The first girl began screaming, "I'm not going in there!!" The other girl said I would have to hold my dogs. I said, "Mam, I have 4 dogs" indicating that I could not hold them by myself. As I was still half-asleep I never thought to put them in the bathroom. By then I was so annoyed that I just said, "Never mind", and I shut the door.
My Mother moved the coffee pot to a different outlet, and we were able to make a pot of coffee... BUT, before we could drink it someone was AGAIN beating on the door shouting, "Housekeeping!!" She announced that she was there to fix the outlet. By then I was so irritated that I told her I had moved the coffee pot to a different outlet, and told her to just leave us alone. She left, and I didn't hear any more from management, or anyone else.
My Aunt and Uncle, who were also staying in room 130, arrived at our room right after coffee. They are elderly people who go to bed with the sun. They informed me that at 1am the previous evening they were awakened by the front desk calling THEIR room to announce the arrival of OUR pizza!! I double-checked my order, and I had indeed given them the correct room number IN ADDITION to my cell number. It had to be an error made by the front desk.
That afternoon I ran into a woman from my neighborhood who was staying in the same hotel. She was also out walking her 4 small dogs. She informed me that she had been charged $50 for cleaning fees for keeping her dogs in her room. She said that they were going to charge her $100, but after she protested they cut the fees in half. She was STILL upset that she was even charged $50. At that point I began to wonder if I would have an issue, but as it was already late in the afternoon we would have been charged for the second night anyway, so I elected to deal with it at checkout.
The next morning we packed up to leave. We made SURE to tie up all trash, put all dirty towels in a stack in a corner of the bathroom, and replace the coffee pot next to the broken outlet before I went to the front desk for my receipt. The room was left in VERY good condition.
I immediately noticed that there was a note on my receipt saying "4 Big Dogs", and a charge had been made to my debit card for $100. Also, the receipt indicated that I had been charged $69.99/night for the room instead of the $77/night I had been quoted. This explains why I had not realized that the $25 charge I had been quoted for the pets had not been added.
When I protested the clerk got the manager, Ms. Bernard, on the phone. She indicated that the $25 pet charge was PER PET, and that it was her contention that I had been dishonest, and my friend had not. I told her that I thought the charge had been added on when I reserved the room, as I had indicated to the clerk that I had planned to bring my pets. I also stated that it was just a mistake due to the hectic events of the night of check-in. She would have NONE of it. She also brought up that I had refused entry to the housekeepers, which I didn't deny, and I attempted to explain my side of those events. She was uninterested in what I had to say. She also stated that they were a "QUALITY" Inn, and that they have a no pet policy. She said she was "doing me "a favor" by allowing me to have my pets in my room period." I asked why it was then that her clerk was able to give me any type of quote for pets AT ALL, and said that if that was indeed the case she should better educate her staff. I also offered REPEATEDLY for her to have her clerk step to the glass front door and see my "large" dogs which were with my Mother in my car parked in their portico. She never even acknowledged that I said ANYTHING pertaining to them viewing the dogs.
I maintain that if it was my intent to be dishonest, WHY did I...
1.) Allow Matt to enter my room on the first evening without taking the dogs out to the car in an attempt to hide them.
2.) Annouce LOUDLY to the housekeepers that I had 4 dogs in the room... AND...
3.) Take my dogs out to relieve themselves on NUMEROUS occasions each day we were there within sight of the front desk??
Other issues I had with this hotel was that in spite of Matt's assurances that the refrigerator would cool off, it NEVER DID. I tried cooling bottles of water, and all they did was sweat inside the refrigerator.
ALSO, there was something wrong with the tub stopper. The water would not drain. I had to phyically remove it from the tub and replace it when I got out. It was like it was just sitting in the trap.
As someone else stated in their review, and because I don't like having NOTHING nice to say, the beds were indeed comfortable. Also, the hotel does appear to be repurposed Howard Johnson, and the building is quite old; but, it is in a good location with close proximity to several restaurants and a WalMart in addition to other businesses.
Before I even arrived back home I stopped at my bank to contest the charges Ms. Bernard had palced on my card. I'm still waiting for that outcome. The clerk at my bank asked me why the "Pet Deposit" (as it is stated on my receipt) is not COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE if it is indeed a "deposit"??
I don't mind giving Ms. Bernard the $25 that I was quoted when I reserved the room, but if I have anything to say about it she won't be getting $100!!!!
Also, after arriving at my home I contacted the Quality Inn main office in Phoenix Arizone and filed a formal complaint. If you have issues with this hotel, or this manager, I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Renee D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thibodaux
Carmel Inn and Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville
#2 of 6 in Donaldsonville

Been to Motel 6 Thibodaux? Share your experiences!