“Home Atmosphere”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Thibodaux
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at the Economy Inn for several weeks while waiting to get settle in Louisiana. Our room was regularly cleaned and stocked with fresh linen and towels.The room was equipped with wifi, microwave, and fridge which allow us to stay within our budget. BJ and staff were always very friendly and thoughtful. They provide that home atmosphere at a great value, but BJ and his staff are priceless~ Barbara & Mike of South Carolina.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for about two months in all, and it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and they have wifi and microwave, fridge. Next time I'm in town for work or any occasion I will be a returning customer to the economy inn. The owners are friendly and take care of there cutomers. You wont be able to find this quality of rooms for this price anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob A
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A locally owned motel that provides a great value. The owner is attentive and provides great rooms at a very good price. Here you get a fridge, microwave, and a bathroom with a fan! Free Wi-Fi is also a plus. The only downside is that you don't get a breakfast in the morning, though you do get coffee. I found a couple of items at the Dollar General just down the road and was able to feed myself cheaply.

One other downside: I think my room needed to be vacuumed better. I did not want to walk barefoot around the room. That said, the rest of the room was fine in terms of cleanliness.

I met a a gentleman in the area who was in on oil business from Florida. He swore by this hotel and stays there whenever he's in town. I would stay here again as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RoadTripToSFO
Reviewed April 10, 2014

When I first looked online at the available hotels and motels in Thibodaux, Louisiana, I was slightly disappointed that there were no hotels that participated in Priority Club, where I have accumulated quite a lot of points and can stay in many very nice hotels for free. Instead, I looked at the websites, the user ratings, the room charges and amenities for several hotels in the town to determine which would best serve my needs. As a single occupant staying for 3 days, I did not need much. I arrived later in the evening than I had planned and my room was ready and waiting under my name. The manager assured me that I would love my room. I was slightly skeptical at first. The exterior of the motel is very clean, but older architecture with parking spaces in front of each door. But when I entered my room I was delighted. The decor was tasteful and modern, the room was very clean. A microwave, refrigerator, free wifi, large bedroom with a couch and table, desk and chair, luggage rack, sufficient closet space and larger than typical tub had me sold immediately on the Economy Inn in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Do not hesitate to book rooms here and be sure to ask for the Manager's Special to get a discount. Having driven 8+ hours, I was exhausted and felt welcomed and relaxed in my accomodations.

Room Tip: I requested a non-smoking room, so was switched to a larger room to accommodate my request. The char...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I had planned a trip to New Orleans to see the AHRMA motorcycle races at NOLA Motorsport park and to also stop by for a visit with my wife's grand daughter who is a student at Nichols State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana. We got to Thibodaux late and found the Economy Inn on the web and said let's check it out. Turned out to be a great decision. We asked to see the room before signing up for the night and it was greater that expected. Fresh paint, clean, and a great bed. Plus the price was right. Much less than one of the major hotels in the area. The owner was pleasant and made sure that we had an enjoyable night stay. We traveled the next day to New Orleans for the races. Stayed at one of the major hotels close to the airport. About the same room quality as we had the night before, but about three times the price. After the races on Saturday, we had to stay a night before heading home to Houston, we decided to stop by Thibodaux for the night and spent another enjoyable night at the Economy Inn. If you are in the Thibodaux area to visit with a kid in college and need a place to stay, check out the Economy Inn a little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to check a room before signing in, especially if you want a non smoking room. You can never tell...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Came back like i said, and i enjoyed my stay better this time!once again the staff are amazing people nice,friendly and helpful they make sure all your needs are met,the rooms are so clean and fresh they smell so good i just love economy inn, easy access to to the internet cable tv with HBO and a wonderful picnic area...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have worked out of town for the last 25 years. I shop for good rates and clean establishments. I am very picky on a clean place. My boss found this place before I came down. The rates are excellent and the rooms are great. I have a large room with micro and fridge. The king size bed is very comfortable. the cleaning staff does an excellent job on the rooms. The maintenance person is friendly and very helpful if you need anything. There is lots of room for all the things I bring since I work a month at a time or more in one place. I was very impressed with the owner and staff working here. They are very polite and very nice. They always ask if everything is alright and if not they are right there fixing anything or getting you something to help make your stay enjoyable.This has been one of the best places i have stayed in my years of travel for work. I would recommend this to any one I talk to that going to be in the Thibodaux Louisiana area.. Great place to stay!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest getting the larger rooms if available. It is worth the money. It is not much more th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business