“There is a reason this is rated #1!”

Fremin's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fremin's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Thibodaux
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green St
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My mom and I stayed in Thibodaux while visiting San Franciso, Laura, and Oak Alley Plantations away from our homes in Biloxi. We are use to great seafood on the Mississippi Coast but let me tell you, this place is a hidden gem. You get 5 star food and service for the price of a forgettable chain restaurant. Managers and servers (thanks Betsy) that deliver their all in the experience. Great atmosphere, live music during our visit, crazy local well-dressed crowd in the bar area. I ordered the Crawfish Tortellini Carbonara and my mom ordered Chicken Proscuitto. Enough for 3 per serving. Terrific fresh bread...make sure to try the chocolate butter (trust me). As the manager came by to check on our visit, the food, and the service, my mom commented on the fact that she is allergic to shellfish. The next time we are there we will ask them to create her favorite eggplant dish without the risk of allergies. Be not afraid...the service, quality of food, quantity of food, and atomsphere cannot be beat! Kuddos Fremins!!!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was one of the better meals i have ever had. The tenderloin was superb, especially when topped with the crab meat (i requested a double of the crab). The margaritas are very well done, as are the coffee martinis. Wait staff was very professional, and always accommodating. The ambiance was super, with the genuine feel of an old New Orleans street. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Was recommended by the innkeepers at Dansereau House, lived up to the recommendation. Had the rack of lamb and ribeye, both were great, as was the attention by the server.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thibodaux is a wonderful little town but off the beaten path. This place is a gem. New Orleans style fine dining more than an hour from NOLA. Closed on Sundays & Mondays. Came here for my birthday with a group & was very pleased. Excellent service and great seats near the window. I recommend the chargrilled oysters (in season), the duck/andouille gumbo, and the redfish. YUM! Definitely worth the splurge.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived late at our B&B and were referred to Fremin's by our hosts. It is a charming old resturant with good food at reasonable prices. After a day touring the countryside and missing lunch we were starved. Everything we ordered was great and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.