“terribly disappointed by the smoke”

Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Thibodaux
A Wyndham traveler
Thibodaux
Reviewed March 3, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days Inn B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Check-in begins at 3 pm and we arrived for check-in at 5:15 pm. We went up to the room assigned and it wasn't ready yet. The cleaning lady was standing in the doorway talking to another employee in the hall. The cleaning lady, instead of doing her job, was complaining to the guy in the hallway about another worker who supposedly couldn't handle her number of rooms to clean...so this cleaning lady had to pick up her slack. The whole time she is talking, my family and I were standing there looking at her. She finally stopped and asked us if this was our room and after we affirmed it was, she told us it wasn't ready yet and it would be a few more minutes. Then she went back to her conversation with the man in the hallway. Eventually, the man realized we weren't happy and cut off the conversation with the cleaning lady...at which point I informed her that we had some place to be by 5:30 pm. She let us into the room where we found she had an older child vacuuming the room while she bumped her gums. Once inside, she continued to complain about her job and having to take care of two kids on top of it. The kid did as he was told, but he is obviously not a paid cleaning employee with standards to address. I picked up trash left on the floor. There were coffee drippings left on the wall. Needless to say, we were late to the surprise party. We were on a non-smoking floor with people smoking in many of the room. The hallway reaked constantly. My son took his shoes off in the room for 5 minutes and walked around bare-footed...his feet were black. The bath tub was stained brown and yellow. Everywhere we went in this hotel, it felt dirty. We paid $115.00 after tax and next time I need a hotel in Thibodaux, I will GLADLY spend the extra $40.00 to stay at the Hampton Inn next door. We had a horrible experience and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014

we thank for your review and are saddend you did not think we gave value for the price at our hotel , there is no escuse for us to not have met your expectations and we shall do our best to improve and if you would give us another opprtunity we will go out of our way to make sure you get value .

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Old and unkept. Says no smoking but smelled of cigarette smoke. Hampton Inn next door a much better option.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2014

First room had no shower curtain and the carpet was thread bear. Moved to a new room, still bad carpet, but bathroom was with a shower curtain, and peeling paint and generally lacking maintenance.

I was not expecting much, but there really needs to be some fresh paint, work on the bathrooms and carpeting. For another $10-$20 a room, this should more than pay for the cleanup. I would probably not stay again, but it is tolerable…by tolerable I mean that there was only 10 rooms being taken so the noise and other issues were minimal.

Front desk woman was nice and friendly and made the best of the issue. Forgot to mention the breakfast in the morning, but was OK, I would not trust the food.

Location is pretty ideal, there are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, including a market to buy items to stock the fridge.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Days Inn B, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the review and i apologise for the discomfort you experianced , we are in the process of remodeling and understand you stayed with us before we started the renovation .
i would like to request you to give us another chance to to give you a better experiance at our hotel ,after the remodel is complete , we do pride our selves in serving the best hot breakfast in hotels in the thibodaux la area.
again thank you for your review

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here one night in December. Rate of 66.00 I get my credit card statement and see the one night charge. In addition to the room charge I was charged $250.00!!! When I called to inquire about the charge I was accused of smoking in the room! The charge was for a No Smoking Fee... was told by desk clerk the GMAIL would call me Saturday as he is out of town till then. What kind of scam are they running there?

• Stayed: December 2013

The charges were posted to your account on the bases of smoke and cigarette buttss found in the room in the mornning of your checkout, i am sorry that you feel we were unproffessionl but we did advise you on checkin that we do not allow smoking in the rooms and if you do there will be a $250.00 fee added to your room charges .
again we are a non smoking hotel and we have to do this tdiscourage smoking in our hotel.
again thank you for the review

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Ken... It had been a horrible day, my truck broke down leaving me stranded! The wrecker driver dropped me off at the Days Inn around 11:50, and I was met out front by Kens smiling friendly face. He helped off load my bags, graciously checked me in and out off the kindness of his heart he upgraded my room after hearing of my lousy run of luck. And holy smokes what an upgrade it was! The Jacuzzi suite was the size of a small apartment! The staff went above and beyond and if I ever have the need to stay in this area again I will definitely be booking my stay here!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Days Inn B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

we thank you for the review and greatly appreciate your positive review about our hotel . We hope to be able to take care of your accomodations in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thibodaux
Carmel Inn and Suites
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#4 of 5 in Thibodaux
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma

Been to Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux? Share your experiences!