Days Inn & Suites Thibodaux
$109
Economy Inn(Thibodaux)(Great Value!)
$55
$88
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houma(Houma)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
$64
$80
$68
$159
$99
$85
All reviewsomeletin townfront desk clerktv channelsqueen suiteclass reunionhot breakfastroom was cleanexcellent stayyour choicestaff was very friendlywalking distancewafflesair conditionerstay there againgreat place to stayhotel is located
Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The title of my review says it all for me. First off when we went to our room there was a bit of a bad odor... Unfortunately things happen in motels, people get sick etc... but I think a really good carpet cleaning would have helped... then we could not find the remote. I called the desk and they told me I could come to the desk to get a remote. I told them I would not do that. I was tired, my back was hurting and I just don't think I should have to be running up to the desk for things that should be in the room. There was a coffee pot in the room but no coffee, two toilet paper dispensers but both rolls were almost empty. To my way of thinking at least one of the dispensers should always have a full roll so you don't have to worry about running up to the desk for toilet paper. The next morning when I was eating breakfast the manager approached me about a complaint another customer had made. I told him it was not me but he continued glaring at me like he thought I was lying. At that time I did try to tell him about the lack of welcome I had felt about the remote and being told I would have to come to the desk for a replacement and tried to mentioned the room not smelling so fresh and the coffee, but he is a rather large man, and he glared at me and kept interrupting me. I'm not a fainting violet but he did make me feel like my comments were unwelcome and even to some extent threateed... He told me that the Days Inn was a limited service hotel. Wow! That shocked me. I mean expecting them to have the room clean and set up didn't seem to me like service above and beyond... He looked so angry and I just didn't want to deal with it so I told him that was fine he could run the hotel as he saw fit and I had the option of not returning which I would certainly exercise. He continued towering over me as I was sitting at a table eating breakfast. I asked him to go on as it was obvious he did not like the nerve of me complaining, and I did not want to speak to him any further. I had prepaid for 2 nights I had to stay another night and I just wanted to get my visit with my family done and get out of there... I literally had to ask him to leave me alone several times as he was glaring at me like he would like to hit me.
My husband and I also noticed that it seems like they must have used little to no sound proofing in the construction. You hear every little thud reverberating throughout the room from quite far down the hall and overhead. We've stayed in many hotels with rooms overhead and not noticed the noise so loud so we assume it has to be lack of sound proofing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family