“Dust Bowl”

Days Inn Tallulah
Days Inn Tallulah
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tallulah
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I drove an extra 45 mins to stay here, NO MORE. I asked for a single,didnt have, So they gave me a double,then she sad she had to charge me full price 86.00 for double, i didnt wont. 62.00 for what i needed.But then, after in the room, the head board.lamp shads, T.V top was covered with dust.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank charles a

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The Days Inn in Tallulah, LA, is disgusting - do not stay here. First, before we booked online, we called to make sure that we could cancel our reservations in case our trip plans changed. We were assured that we could, so went ahead and booked online. A month prior to our trip, my credit card was charged for the full amount. I called the Days Inn and, long story, short, was told there was nothing they could do and that was their policy (so be sure to read the fine print). Or, do not book online because they said they could have reimbursed me if I had booked over the phone.

The photos online are misleading - when you pull up, the hotel is very run down and dirty. It was the end of April and the pool was not in working order. Chairs stacked, a dingy cover over it, and the comforters and blankets from the hotel rooms were being air-dryed by hanging them over the pool fence. The grounds were unkept, the exterior was fithy, our rooms smelled of mildew and stale smoke (even though they were non-smoking).

Also, their breakfast was a joke. It was a stored in a small corner of a tiny room they called a "lobby". The first morning, we were told they had no milk (the milk man didn't come until 10 even though breakfast was served from 6-9am)). When we questioned the staff person again, we were given a small amount of spoiled milk in an expired jug.

We were female travelers on a business trip who felt very unsafe at this hotel all week. It is in a bad location, right off of the interstate. There were men in the parking lot every night drinking and gawking and trying to speak to any woman passing by. We were separated along the hotel and were told there were no rooms available next to eachother. I realize that it was an economical hotel, but I travel a lot for work and have stayed in much nicer places for the same cost. Again, do not stay here. If you MUST stay in Tallulah, stay at the Super 8 across the street. Or better yet, drive the 20 minutes to a nice hotel in Vicksburg! You will thank me!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I had a pleasant experience with front desk rep Latoya. She was very accommodating to my final needs checkout morning. I needed assistance with wireless access during breakfast and without hesitation she was very helpful.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This Days Inn gets it right. We stayed overnight at about the midway point in a long drive. The room was very clean. It was in good repair. The two ladies at the front desk (morning and evening) were friendly and helpful. It's a small hotel, so the breakfast offerings were small, but everything was fresh and, again, clean. It doesn't compare to the high-end or boutique hotels we've stayed at, but that's not what it is. It's a good, clean, small hotel that is taken care of and that takes care of its customers.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank NWA_VP
Reviewed August 22, 2006

This is a nice hotel about 15 minutes from Vicksburg. Friendly staff and nice rooms. I would recommend!

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank stevenandangie

Been to Days Inn Tallulah? Share your experiences!