“Great service and food”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went to the entertainment park at Dundonald to go to another restaurant, but Sophie's had opened since last time we were there, so we decided to give it a try. Good decision the staff were very friendly, polite and efficient. There is a good selection on the menu to choose from and the decor is your typical American style diner very clean and tidy, all in all a very good dining experience. Good to see another restaurant here will keep the others on their toes, keep it up Sophie's I will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Have visited Sophie's New York Italian 3 times now and have not yet been disappointed. Great service, friendly staff and of course, delicious food! I made a recent visit to Sophie's with a friend. I got the sirloin which was cooked perfectly and my friend got the chicken carbonara which she also enjoyed. We finished off with a delicious cheesecake and a cheeky glass of prosecco! The restaurant itself is very clean and the staff are very helpful. The menu has a variety of choice, and can't wait for my next visit to try some other dishes! Would recommend here to all.

1  Thank Vic221
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been twice now to Sophie's New York Italian & on both occasions I found the food is good in terms of flavour and the way it is cooked, they also serve very generous portions. We shared a portion of garlic bread to start with & then my friend had Carbonarra & I had Lasange, with a side portion of chips, & finished with two cappucinios. The bill was £31.00 or thereabouts which I fetl was ok given the meal we had.
The big downside for me is that the restaurant is almost a carbon copy of Blue Chicago & I know that they are owned/managed by the same person/group, but I do think they could have made a bit more of an effort to have something different. The other thing I really don't like is that it is always very noisy with lots of people in it. We struggled to have a converstation & couldn't hear each other speak. We ended up coming out of the restaurant & sitting in my car to finish our chat. I was there both times on a week night - Mon - and I would not have expected it to be so loud or noisy. Not the place for a chat or night out. It is more a case of going having a meal & going elsewhere to end the evening. I dread to think what a Friday or Saturday night would be like.
That said, I would go back again as the food & service was good, but overall I would say that the decor & noise lets the restaurant down badly so for me it is only pretty average. It is ok for a quick bite to eat before or after the cinema, but not for a night out.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The menu has a fair selection. Service was good and staff were friendly. The quality of food was average and I wont be rushing back again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went for dinner tonight (Sunday) with husband and daughter. Sadly totally disappointed to say the least. Waitress was friendly enough but the food ugh! Have been going regularly to both Wolves and Blue Chicago and couldn't fault either...Sophies looks similar to both of these restaurants but that is where the similarity ends. Daughters chicken strips @ £12.95 inc curly fries were over cooked and dark brown . Onion rings were frozen (horrible).. Will not be returning!