Crossland Economy Studios - Lake Charles - Sulphur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The previous reviews are correct; it is not the Hilton or even a Days Inn. However, what do you expect for $39. I was traveling on a per diem, so the money I saved went into my pocket. If you are looking to save money would be the only way I would recommend this hotel. It is very rough with very small rooms and terrible interstate noise. The staff, however, were very pleasant and helpful. I would not stay here with my wife and kids, but alone on business it does serve its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vol27970
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The room was not amazing and to be honest i didn't really feel comfortable showering due to the state of the shower head (old and a little rusty) but the girl at the front desk was SUPER HELPFUL and nice!!! The area is cute with a ton of nicer hotels around it for triple the price and cracker barrel right up the street. I was traveling with my 2 year old and felt safe and comfortable to go to sleep and I am a nervous nelly! It was fine, really!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CandaceNoLa
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is one of the nastys motel/hotels I have ever seen or smelled. My Husband and I was there for a surprise retirement party for my Mother inlaw, I think we got the surprise when we checked in that night, it was late and we have been driving for a while. I was ashamed to even walk in the room we opened the door and the room smelled very stale and old. I had my husband bring the deodorizer from the car and the cleaning spray. Before we even opend our stuff. That is a shame. The hallways and elevator is also nasty. This place needs a major cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gatorgirl081
Reviewed March 6, 2009

My husband was there on business but we had to move. This place is filthy - I shampooed the carpet myself! Hair on bathroom walls & ceiling and mould growing on bath ceiling. A used bar of soap, from a previous unlucky guest, remained on top of the shower surround the whole stay. I should have called the Health Department. I will never stay here again - at any cost. Many other guest and colleagues were leaving as they found alternative hotels. Staff would "deactivate" your room card - in essence, locking you out of your room. This was done so that you would come by the office to see what they wanted. They did this to me at least 5 times in my 3 week stay. Nothing short of harrassment. Other guests said this happened to them as well. Have they never heard of the telephone or, God forbid, they actually WALK to your room! Excessively loud, from the interstate traffic, trains, and guests. We called the office many times to see if they would control the noise - to no avail. Not what you want when you are working 12 hours a day! Also had to contend with the "ladies of the night", knocking on the door and whooping it up outside your door. Someone did finally call the police to control an argument, one night around 11:30. More excitement than we needed. We have spoken with our corporate office about warning their employees against this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BulldawgSwailes
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I can only echo the reviews already written. The room was dirty, small, just awful. The a/c-heating was bad. The door to our room had to be slammed..several times..in order to shut, which still didn't help keep out the sound from the nearby interstate. The location of this place is so bad that the room would even shake when a large group of big rigs passed on I-10.

How dumb that the toilet doesn't have a seat, but a shelf right above?!

I understand if this is the only place you can afford, but after reading the reviews here be prepared for the worst stay EVER!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PissyTraveler