“No sleep here”

Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The windows on this building located right on the Interstate are so cheap it sound like every truck is make a bee-line for your room. Located right at an exit, when the trucks come roaring off the Interstate using their Jake Break to slow down, the rumbling pop-pop-pop will most certainly get the attention of even the most deep of sleepers. I have had many good nights in a Hampton - but I think this one rates as the worst one ever!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoninnsulphur, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We loved having you here with us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced while with us. It is our goal to be your home away from home. We would love for you to be our guest again in the future. Should there be anything we can do to make your next stay with us better, please let me know. Thank you once again for the feedback. Make it a great day.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stopped on way to Galveston, TX not knowing how my schedule was going to play out after experiencing a business-related delay late that afternoon. Was not familiar with the area but phoned hotel directly and was greeted by a very pleasant desk clerk. He even asked if I needed directions to the hotel. Was so pleased, I was glad timing worked out to allow me to stop here on my way back to New Orleans area for rest of my trip. For some reason my rate was considerably lower than normal upon checking in the first night but when I phoned directly to the hotel on my return trip, the desk clerk honored the lower rate for my second night, although questioning how I received the low rate on the first night. She was very pleasant and agreed to honor that same rate the second night. I couldn't be happier with her or this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. As always, we loved having you here with us. It is our goal to be your home away from home while traveling. Should there be anything we can do to make your next reservation with us better, please let us know. Thank you once again for the kind review. Make it a great day.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Newly renovated hotel. Nice furnishings. Clearly upgraded many of the features from my stay a year ago. Also liked having a fridge and microwave in my room. The gym was also upgraded but I didn't get the chance to use it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you want to make coffee in the morning, and you are like me, I do not drink out of the tap, then you need to be advised to bring your own water to your room. Other than that, the Hampton Inns have the best beds and I have never found one yet that was not to my liking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very welcoming, staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and all the public areas were clean and well presented. Breakfast was also good, unlike one or two we have had lately. The room however was not up to the usual Hampton standard and appeared tired and in need of maintenance. It was clean, but fixtures and fittings needed attention.

The machines in the gym were old and in need of a good service too. Having stayed in a number of Hamptons in recent days, this one needs it's tired image bringing up to date.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Have stayed here many times and this hotel never fails to make me welcome. Good breakfast layout. The staff is friendly and helpful. Although I was a bit early I was checked in and going up to my room within 3 minutes. If in the Lake Charles area Sulphur is just a few minutes down the road and this hotel beside I-10 is comparatively priced and worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I feel a bit bad because after looking over the reviews, I very much disagree with most of what I have read. We booked a handicapped room for 2 nights and it was not at all up to the usual Hampton standard. There was wallpaper pulling away from the wall in the bathroom, the shower hose was barely hanging in place, the toilet paper holder was pulled away from the wall, and when you sat on the toilet, it would slightly lean in one direction with a resounding bump. It was not at all a good experience. On the plus side, the breakfast was quite nice and the room was clean. I think this room was way overpriced for its condition.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly redecorated room. The oldies not not too nice.