“Swim Meet Hotel in Sulphur”

Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Crowley, Louisiana
“Swim Meet Hotel in Sulphur”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay for families attending a function in this area. The hotel was clean and well staffed. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in every room. We were here for a swim meet and they accommodated a late checkout for us on Sunday. The staff were all so friendly especially at breakfast. We will stay here again. We did run out of towels but other than that, was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 30Andrea30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Orleans
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for an annual swim meet in Sulphur. Check in time was 3:00, but they were able to get us in our room at 2:00. The hotel was completely booked due to the swim meet.

The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very adequate with the exception that there was no herbal teas, only regular caffeinated teas. The teas certainly won't keep me from staying here again. I truly liked the common/sitting area. My daughter and I waited here for an hour and were very comfortable. There was a bar table area with electrical outlets which came in handy while we watched a movie waiting for our room.

Traveling with just my daughter, I felt safe here. The hotel was off the main road which was very quiet. Being that it was fairly close to the interstate, the room was still quiet.

We did not use the pool, but if needed, there is the option for a lift for anyone with special needs. I was really impressed with this as I have never seen this at any hotel before.

We were in room 305 which wasn't too close to the elevator or the stairwell. There wasn't much foot traffic past our door.

If you are looking for comfortable, quiet, and clean, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is in a safe area, very clean and the staff is super friendly and accomadating. I leave too ealry in the morning to eat breakfast.However, they do offer very good bagged to go meals. The internet is free, very fast and dependable. I stay here 2-3 times a year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor an too close to the check in area may be an issue for light sleepers.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our typical 2 nights on the road from KY to TX turned out to include 11 nights at the Hampton Inn in Sulphur, LA when our car became disabled. Long story. The hotel was comfortable, the staff exceedingly polite and helpful, the breakfast attendant, Lourdes, was always a pleasure, and the location was convenient to quite a few restaurants.
Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. In spite of the circumstances, we had a very good time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I spend one night here on our way to New Orleans. The staff was extremely friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is good with several fast food places and a couple restaurants in the area. We definitely wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanL04
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was there for a one night sleep during my business trip. The location is good, several restaurants located near the hotel. The room was clean, microwave & coffee maker are available inside the room. Free hot breakfast are available, so again quite comfy for a business trip & worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. The location worked for me, my office is an exit or two away, but if you are looking for things nearby you may be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Wingate by Wyndham Sulphur
Quality Suites Sulphur
#9 of 21 in Sulphur
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur
Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area

Been to Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area? Share your experiences!