“Fine for a one night stop!”

Candlewood Suites Sulphur-Lake Charles
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nice friendly lady doing the check-in. Room was comfortable if a little dark (small windows) Bed was excellent and the room had everything I needed. Funny smell in the corridors but not in the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
AaronNichols, Manager at Candlewood Suites Sulphur-Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your experience while staying with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here while driving cross-country with pets. The first room offered was supposed to be non-smoking, but reeked of smoke. The replacement room merely smelled of mildew, and that was the high point of the stay. Push on a little further, and drop a few more bucks and find a place in Lake Charles

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtailor

We are so sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your visit with us. Since then we have made all rooms non-smoking. We hope to have you stop back in for a second visit so we can have another opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

We were traveling through La from Tx because we were relocating to the east coast. We had to take our two cats with us and needed somewhere to stay one night. We had previously stayed in Lake Charles at Laberge Du Lac and it wasn't that nice. Lake Charles is quite a ways off the Hwy and the hotels not pet friendly (that we could find) We know Holiday Inn is usually pet friendly and the HI website directed us to Candlewood Suites. It was very Inexpensive at $89 a night. The lady at the front desk quoted a $15 pet fee which was ok. After we checked in my husband used his rewards card, and we keep our cats in carriers. So I am not sure why but they didn't charge us the pet fee. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We liked it so much we booked another candlewood suites in another city on our trip. It was also a very good quality hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful review! We hope to have you come stay with us again real soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2009

The place was nice, and the two room suite seemed great. However, there was a strong, strange smell emanating from the bathroom - to the point where I could not stay in the bathroom for more than 3-4 minutes at a time. It actually stank up the whole suite. I then remembered that the bathroom fan had already been running when I first arrived! Hmmm... Were they already aware that there was a problem, perhaps?

My boyfriend scrubbed the grout and tile near the bath-tub for 15 minutes -it improved, but not enough to stay more than one night. It gave me the creeps! No apology from the staff, by the way.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

We are very sorry about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. I would love an opportunity to make this up to you. Please reach out to our front desk 337-528-5777, and ask for Aaron. I would love the opportunity to make this right for you.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

The staff is great. The manager is top notch. They definitely have customer service at the top of their priorities. That is the cornerstone of a good business in my opinion. The rooms are good (bed could be a little more comfortable), but still a good experience.
If you are going to stay the night or stay a while, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MyNameIsBo

Thanks for this awesome review! We greatly appreciate you!

Reviewed May 14, 2009

General Info:

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites (CS) in Sulphur, LA for four days on buinsess in May of 2009. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was spacious,clean, and well equiped (full size fridge, ice maker, small stove, large microwave, dvd player, HS Internet, etc). Rooms are sort of a cross between a normal overnight hotel and an extended stay hotel. The bed was comfortable and the climate control system was quiet and efficient. The CS has a well equipped gym but no pool or hot tub. No on-site breakfast was available.

Stuff I Liked:
I was very pleased with my entire stay and experience. This CS is great for the business traveler. The in room kitchenette allowed me to buy groceries at a local store and really save on my food bill. This was the best business trip stays I have had in recent memory.

Stuff I Ddn't Like:
Not much really - the room was a little noisy (probably had noisy meighbors) and better sound proofing would have been nice. The elevator is also very loud (extremely loud chimes). A hot tub would have been nice. Also - when I arrived there was no ice in the ice maker in the room (a recuring pet peeve of mine for this type of hotel). The hotel does not have an ice maker since each room has its own. This required me to go back out to buy ice for my drinks after a long day of driving to get there. Maybe it is just me, but it seems obvious that people will want ice upon arrival and since they throw out the ice when the rooms are cleaned....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank johns1959

Thank you for this great review! It's reviews like this that helps us better ourselves. We appreciate you and hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 25, 2009

Long time but I am back on the road again. This was my first time staying in this chain. As many of you know I prefer the HIE. But none were available at the price I needed. So On to my review:

+ Price!!!
+ The "Honor System" Cupboard
+ Location (within 5 minutes from most food chains)
+ Staff Hospitality
+ Work OUT room (newer equipment)
- Towels (Rather Hard, almost like sandpaper to me)
- No pool (it's HOT here in LA)

For the first time in this chain I was very satisfied and will consider staying in them more often since they are also part of the Priority Club.

Thanks
VG Consoles

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank WHDSM

Thank you for this wonderful review! We look forward to having you stay with us again!