“enjoyable stay”

Days Inn Sulphur LA
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harvey, Louisiana
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The service was great...the rooms were very clean...received a different room than the one booked, but was immediately transferred as soon as the carpet was dry from cleaning...the hotel presence as a whole was clean and the location was very easy to find when exiting from I10...this is a pet friendly hotel but the grass was well maintained (meaning no dog mess laying around)...breakfast was an added bonus, which was fresh every morning...the owners and staff really made my family feel @ home in our time of need...even their dog was absolutely friendly...got along well with my dog...if I'm ever in the area again, I would not think twice about staying here again...it would be like I'm visiting family away from home...thanks for a wonderful experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Owners dogs roamed around and INSIDE our rooms, even in the dining area. DISGUSTING ROOMS - ants, dried up food in the sleeper sofa. The management was "inconvienced" when we asked for a different room when we found the ants. All around horrible weekend stay. Dont waste your money!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our party of 6 elected to stay at Days Inn on a trip from Florida to Texas late in the afternoon as part of a two day trip. We asked for three rooms together on a lower level, but was unable to get that request. Our room was on lower level, with the two others the upper level, but not near each other.

The rooms were typical mid to low level accommodation, adequate but no extras. The room was reasonably clean and comfortable but lacking in maintenance in several areas. For example an electrical outlet was missing a cover, which would be bad for someone with small children. The toilet had the feature of sticking frequently in the running water mode and had to be fiddled with at times. TV had moving interference lines on every channel. Wired and wireless internet was advertised. The open connection wireless internet worked well for email and normal web use such as Skype calls.

It appeared the room had little sound insulation as we could hear the people next door loudly to the point of it being an annoyance. Thankfully the noise didn't last too late and a good nights sleep was welcomed. The motel is located far enough from main roadways that road noise was not present.

One thing that applies to many motels that have upper and lower level rooms is limited or spread out parking spaces. You may or may not get a space near your room, and if you do and go out for a meal, you probably won't have the same one near your room when you return.
(¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I wish I had taken my own advice. I failed to read the reviews before reserving a room at this dump! It should cost no more than $10 per night, in my humble opinion. As we ate breakfast, the owners allowed their DOGS to roam around in the dining area. I couldn't finish my meal. The attitude of the manager/owner stank as bad as the rooms. You can't get clean towels unless you turn in the soiled ones first...just all around nasty! Save yourself the frustration...go down the street, anywhere down the street. Wayyy overpriced! Avoid this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had no serious problems with this hotel. In fact we really enjoyed our stay. It was New Years eve, but even then things were pleasant and quiet.

Only thing I must mention was that the tub needed a minor scrubbing with a hand sanitizer and a washcloth before I would put my son in. Other than we had a great time. There was a nice fridge and microwave I used to heat up my leftovers the next day. The housekeeping was very helpful. Even the guy at checkout was incredibly friendly and conversational.

It was a nice family environment for a nice family vacation and at a price half of what other locations were charging!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed in the jacuzzi suite two weekends ago. The room itself was not bad, but the phone nor clock worked. When I told the front desk, they said they could not help me and that everything was unorganized there. That next morning, the one icemaker was out. I asked for the manager. She told me that it was due to the heat and that, "I should go buy ice!"

There was a black dog loose in the parking lot with no collar or tags bleeding heavily and bled all over my pug. I ran with my dog back to my room. Still, I received no help from the front office or management.

I turned the jacuzzi on that Saturday night, and the tub and toilet completely backed up and overflowed! When I had to call from my cell, I was told to "come get a plunger". It was the worst customer experience ever and I wasn't even asked if I wanted any kind of compensation. The manager never would deal with me when I checked out. It's a shame that management makes this motel such a bad experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple