“Okay, but...”

Days Inn Sulphur LA
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our party of 6 elected to stay at Days Inn on a trip from Florida to Texas late in the afternoon as part of a two day trip. We asked for three rooms together on a lower level, but was unable to get that request. Our room was on lower level, with the two others the upper level, but not near each other.

The rooms were typical mid to low level accommodation, adequate but no extras. The room was reasonably clean and comfortable but lacking in maintenance in several areas. For example an electrical outlet was missing a cover, which would be bad for someone with small children. The toilet had the feature of sticking frequently in the running water mode and had to be fiddled with at times. TV had moving interference lines on every channel. Wired and wireless internet was advertised. The open connection wireless internet worked well for email and normal web use such as Skype calls.

It appeared the room had little sound insulation as we could hear the people next door loudly to the point of it being an annoyance. Thankfully the noise didn't last too late and a good nights sleep was welcomed. The motel is located far enough from main roadways that road noise was not present.

One thing that applies to many motels that have upper and lower level rooms is limited or spread out parking spaces. You may or may not get a space near your room, and if you do and go out for a meal, you probably won't have the same one near your room when you return.
(¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Sulphur LA

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I wish I had taken my own advice. I failed to read the reviews before reserving a room at this dump! It should cost no more than $10 per night, in my humble opinion. As we ate breakfast, the owners allowed their DOGS to roam around in the dining area. I couldn't finish my meal. The attitude of the manager/owner stank as bad as the rooms. You can't get clean towels unless you turn in the soiled ones first...just all around nasty! Save yourself the frustration...go down the street, anywhere down the street. Wayyy overpriced! Avoid this place!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had no serious problems with this hotel. In fact we really enjoyed our stay. It was New Years eve, but even then things were pleasant and quiet.

Only thing I must mention was that the tub needed a minor scrubbing with a hand sanitizer and a washcloth before I would put my son in. Other than we had a great time. There was a nice fridge and microwave I used to heat up my leftovers the next day. The housekeeping was very helpful. Even the guy at checkout was incredibly friendly and conversational.

It was a nice family environment for a nice family vacation and at a price half of what other locations were charging!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed in the jacuzzi suite two weekends ago. The room itself was not bad, but the phone nor clock worked. When I told the front desk, they said they could not help me and that everything was unorganized there. That next morning, the one icemaker was out. I asked for the manager. She told me that it was due to the heat and that, "I should go buy ice!"

There was a black dog loose in the parking lot with no collar or tags bleeding heavily and bled all over my pug. I ran with my dog back to my room. Still, I received no help from the front office or management.

I turned the jacuzzi on that Saturday night, and the tub and toilet completely backed up and overflowed! When I had to call from my cell, I was told to "come get a plunger". It was the worst customer experience ever and I wasn't even asked if I wanted any kind of compensation. The manager never would deal with me when I checked out. It's a shame that management makes this motel such a bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I recently visited the location for an anniversity weekend getaway. Although the staff was very nice, I never plan on stepping foot back on this location. Hotel really outdated. It seemed to have 1970's furniture, carpet and bedding. It was very dark rooms, entrances located outside. Hotel guest working on the vechiles in the parking lot, tools extension cords, drills, saws ect. We paid extra to have a room with a jaccuzzi in our room. We put bubble bath in the tub. Jets worked really well, made lots of bubbles, once tub was drained, we noticed black gunk all over the tub. It seemed to have come out of the jets. Really really nasty. Carpet torn, some lights did not work, no security lock on inside of door (it was ripped off), no iron or ironing board in room. We had to contact front desk to request and was told that we had to go to the front desk to pick it up. My husband went to pick it up and was told to make sure to bring it back, because the hotel only had one for everyone to share. It had cheap mattress, very hard. "Free Wi-Fi did not work at all. Only 1 large towel, 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth in room. My husband went to "free" breakfast, that was a joke. When he returned to the room, he packed us up and we checked out early in the morning and reported to clerk things wrong with the room. Never Go There. This was our first time staying at a Days Inn and our last.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We aren't that picky but the rooms were really dirty. In our room there was a full hand print on the wall, the lock on the door was broke and the carpet was soiled. Tried to find value which Days Inn normally provides, but we'd have been better off at a Motel 6 or even a local motel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We decided to take our chances on securing hotel rooms on our trip from Texas to Florida. On our first night we decided to stop in Sulphur, Louisiana and found Days Inn because most of the hotels were full. What a find! The room was super clean and nice. The young lady at the front desk was courteous and very helpful. Although they had the usual easy fare for breakfast, the coffee was fantastic. We had a better stay at this little place than we've had recently at much pricier places. On our way back, we will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Wingate by Wyndham Sulphur
Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area
Comfort Suites Sulphur
Comfort Suites Sulphur
#6 of 21 in Sulphur

Been to Days Inn Sulphur LA? Share your experiences!