Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
“Stay here”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is well decorated, nicely maintained, and clean. There were several hairs stuck in the carpet, but I can't complain about anything else. Wonderful staff, especially Venus, who was at the included breakfast every morning. Worth the drive from De Quincy for 5 days. Thanks! P.s. also go over to the Pitt Grill for dinner :)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Elisaisaiah
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for recognizing some of us by name and bringing us into your family! We hope all who enter our hotel as guests leave as friends. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Sulphur!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I couldn't bring myself to give this hotel an "average" rating because the property itself is of very good overall quality. In a better location I would rate it as excellent. The main drawback is that it is located in the middle of nowhere on the south side of I-10 next to a Courtyard. If you want to eat dinner, you will have to drive north on Ruth Street for a restaurant.

That being said, the hotel is in great shape, clean, and the staff are very friendly. Our check in went smoothly and we were on our way to our room in minutes. Our room (103) was large and very well appointed. Two flat screens, desk, sofa, refrigerator, microwave and everything else one needs in a hotel room. Even a dehumidifier was humming along when we entered. I wasn't really sure we needed it on along with the A/C unit running. But we left it on anyway and it did not bother our sleep.

The bath area was split with a sink on one side and the bath/shower/toilet on the other. Spotlessly clean and roomy. The shower worked great and there was plenty of good pressure hot water.

On the down side, our experience the next morning at breakfast was somewhat disappointing. We are familiar with the Marriott breakfast sandwiches and, in fact, have come to like them. Unfortunately, there were none available when we entered the dining area. There were only corn dogs offered. For breakfast? A corn dog? Oh, well. We asked the very friendly attendant and she told us that no, there were no more breakfast sandwiches. So we ate some boiled eggs and yogurt.

Not a deal killer, but the hotel staff should have been better prepared for breakfast (in my opinion) considering the school bus full of kids that arrived shortly after we did the previous night.
My assumption is that the kids devoured all the sandwiches early on before we got the the dining area. I guess the early bird does get the worm, or in this case, the breakfast sandwich.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lonestarlizard
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found our rooms to be comfortable and clean. Our dehumidifiers are definitely an added bonus in each guest room. I apologize for you not being able to enjoy one of our breakfast sandwiches. I am happy to announce that starting April 1st we will have a new hot breakfast with scrambled eggs and sauage. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Belton, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family stayed here for one night on our way to Florida for vacation. Friendly staff and a great location. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel. Breakfast was great. It may be a Marriott category 1, but it is definitely on the high end of the "1" category rating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pride, is what we are feeling reading your review! We really appriciate it when guests give us honest and genuine feedback. Thank you for this and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is a very clean and welcoming environment, The staff was extremely welcoming and treated me as though I was part of their "family". Front desk person was excelent and very kind, was having problems with my computer and the Asst. Engineer, Kaya, was so helpful with my problem. I look forward to my next 3 weeks with you guys. I highly recomend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard W
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our sincere hope that all who enter our house as guests leave as friends. We are very proud to keep your business and continue to invite you back! Thank you for recognizing some of us by name and bringing us into your family. We look forward to a lasting relationship with you!
Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed only one night while passing through Lake Charles, but this was a great place to make our stop. Check-in was easy, the front desk attendent was extremely friendly and helpful. We were traveling with our 2 month old, so we suggested our room not be near other guests in case she was fussy during the night. She was happy to accomodate. We had a standard king room, which was not overly-large, but just enough space for our over night stop. The room was clean and comfortable, as were the bedding and linens. The room had a flat screen TV, dehumidifier, mini-fridge and microwave. The free breakfast was sufficient considering the value of the room - waffles, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, pastries, etc. If looking for a clean, comfortable hotel room, convenient to I-10 and for a great value, I would certainly suggest this Fairfieldn Inn. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Justin F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are so glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and relaxing. We are very proud of the quality of service we provide here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur. At our property, we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations in every regard. We hope to see you again soon!
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family & I stayed here from 10/5 to 10/7 while attending a wedding. This is a very well kept establishment with friendly staff members. The entire hotel was extremely clean with a brand new décor throughout. The hotel does sit next to I-10; however, we never heard any traffic noise while in our room and slept very comfortably. The kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast offered the basics, but overall the southern hospitality from the staff fulfilled our stay, definitely making us feel at home. If I'm ever in town again, this is were I will be staying!!! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope you come back to visit!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Fairfield Inn & Suites in Sulphur, La has the friendliest staff in the hospitatlity industry. My room was extremely clean and comfortable and the front desk clerk, Jacqueline, was an amazing help. She was very knowledgable about the area and entertained my 4 children while i was going get all of our luggage out of my car. I had experienced an A/C issue ( the air was too cold) and they had maintenance on site! The young lady Kaya was so sweet and also great with my children. Breakfast was refreshing and our breakfast attendant Summer was superb. I will definetly be back in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. The staff works very hard to provide excellence in service and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to recognize us for that. We look forward to seeing you again!