“SO GLAD I STAYED HERE”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is beautiful hotel; I was pleasantly surprised! Earlier this year, it had been completely renovated. It’s one second off I-10, on what seems to be a main road. But, it sits back far with a lot of trees so you don’t hear any street noise. There are a couple restaurants and stuff around, specifically a Pizza Hut within walking distance.

The best part of this hotel is its staff. The girl who checked me in, Jacqueline, was very welcoming. The young lady in the breakfast room, Summer, was also delightful. I don’t believe I have ever stayed in a place with such a nice staff. Employees such as this are an asset to the Marriott Corporation.

My room was very big with a comfy king sized bed. There was a frig, microwave, and work desk. There was free wi-fi, an indoor pool (which I never use) and a gym (which I really never use).

I found my room super clean and fresh; the bed was soooo inviting! (Look at the photo of the bed, you’ll see what I mean - I liked this type of bedding.) On my Marriott profile, I have a special request listed, which was granted – I appreciate that.

Very good (free) breakfast in the mornings. All the standard good eats; bagels, muffins, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and some microwave-type sandwiches. This breakfast was better than most, and, again, the girl working in the breakfast area was wonderful. Besides being so nice, she always keep the place well-stocked and clean.

Oh, and there is a dehumidifier in the room. It makes a humming sound, which didn’t bother me, and you can always turn it off. During my stay, the humidity was 100% in Louisiana, so I WELCOMED that humidifier.

I was torn between staying here and Lafayette – I am so glad I chose here – I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tczig
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur! We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. It is our sincere hope that all who enter our house as guests leave as friends. We are very proud/happy to keep your business and continue to invite you in. Thanks for recognizing some of us by name and bringing us into your family. We look forward to a lasting relationship with you.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My first impression of this hotel was positive, it was obvious from the new lobby decor that the entire hotel was just refurbished (opened June 2012). In addition, I found the front desk assistant (Summer) very professional, helpful and eager to make me feel welcome as a Marriott Platinum guest. The rooms were nice, new and clean, the bedding was white and extremely clean which was a refreshing change from previous hotels I've visited. I also found it interesting that each room has a dehumidifier considering the very humid climate of this area. However, while the dehumidifier did a great job at making the room feel comfortable, the noise from the unit was a bit too much during phone calls and while sleeping; I had to turn it off in both cases. One minor issue that annoyed me was that while the desk area was comfortable for working on my laptop, there is a real lack of electrical outlets on the desk, there is only one in the lamp base (I found one more on the wall under the desk). This makes it difficult to charge the Blackberry/iPhone, Bluetooth headsets, iPad and the laptop at the same time; a simple power strip would solve this problem. In summary, this hotel is new, clean and comfortable, the Wi-Fi worked well and of course they serve free coffee and free breakfast in the morning; I will definitely chose this hotel again for my next trip to the Sulphur/Lake Charles area.

Room Tip: Great location next to I-10, however avoid the interstate side of the hotel if you are a light sleep...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Pride, is what we are all feeling reading your review. We really appreciate it when guests give us honest and genuine feedback. Thank you for this and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My room was clean but a bit run down. It was fine for a quick nights rest, it was clean. The staff was great when I checked in, at breakfast and later in the day. Breakfast was simple continental affair, nothing crazy it was fine. Room itself was nice, had a dehumidifier in the room with a note on it explaining what it was there for. Good hotel overall I'd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We strive to maintain the highest levels of quality, service and value for our guest. I am glad to hear you had a great overall stay with us here at Fairfield Inn Lake Charles/Sulphur. I was concerned to learn that you felt our rooms were a bit run down. Our hotel has just reopened after undergoing major renovations. I would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly to discuss your concerns in more detail. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully inviting you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a nice quiet hotel. I was in town for a funeral,never a pleasant reason for an out of town trip, solo and far away from my family. I was both physically and emotionally exhausted. The young lady at the front desk was so friendly and called a restaurant for me to see if they offered car service (they did) and the welcome package was much appreciated. Nothing like some chocolate to soothe a gal. The breakfast attendant only reason I didn't give this a 5 stars was because the sheets were a little on the rough side and the a/c never seemed to really cool the room but I was just too tired to request a room change. The hotel is convenient to I-10 but very nice, quiet area. I felt very safe even though I was alone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Charles/Sulphur! I am very pleased to hear that during your difficult time we were able to provide you with the highest level of quality, service and value that we strive to maintain for our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here using our Marriott reward points and it was a very nice hotel. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and large. The room has a refrigerator and microwave, and an added bonus of a dehumidifier for that heavy LA humidity. The air conditioning worked very well and kept us cool in the hot LA heat. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank okcmenace

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found our rooms to be comfortable and clean. Our dehumidifiers are definitely an added bonus in each guest room and we are so glad you appreciated them. We look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stay at a lot of the Marriott's chains because of work travel. This hotel is not exceptional but is decent enough to spend a few nights.

Just make sure you stay opposite of the highway for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JeramieOK

We wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Charles/Sulphur. Our hotel has just reopened June 1st 2012 after undergoing major renovations. We would like to invite you to come in and give us a chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have stayed in the most elegant hotels in the world with professionally trained staff. However, my stay at this Fairfield was as good as anywhere in the world. This is 100% because of the employees at the Sulphur Fairfield.

From check in to checkout and everything in between, they treated me as if I as the most important guest who has ever stayed there. I will stay at this Fairfield whenever it is possible; even if I have to drive a further distance.

They are the greatest!