“Great staff, ok hotel”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Cypress, Texas
“Great staff, ok hotel”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My room was clean but a bit run down. It was fine for a quick nights rest, it was clean. The staff was great when I checked in, at breakfast and later in the day. Breakfast was simple continental affair, nothing crazy it was fine. Room itself was nice, had a dehumidifier in the room with a note on it explaining what it was there for. Good hotel overall I'd stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We strive to maintain the highest levels of quality, service and value for our guest. I am glad to hear you had a great overall stay with us here at Fairfield Inn Lake Charles/Sulphur. I was concerned to learn that you felt our rooms were a bit run down. Our hotel has just reopened after undergoing major renovations. I would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly to discuss your concerns in more detail. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully inviting you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a nice quiet hotel. I was in town for a funeral,never a pleasant reason for an out of town trip, solo and far away from my family. I was both physically and emotionally exhausted. The young lady at the front desk was so friendly and called a restaurant for me to see if they offered car service (they did) and the welcome package was much appreciated. Nothing like some chocolate to soothe a gal. The breakfast attendant only reason I didn't give this a 5 stars was because the sheets were a little on the rough side and the a/c never seemed to really cool the room but I was just too tired to request a room change. The hotel is convenient to I-10 but very nice, quiet area. I felt very safe even though I was alone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Charles/Sulphur! I am very pleased to hear that during your difficult time we were able to provide you with the highest level of quality, service and value that we strive to maintain for our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here using our Marriott reward points and it was a very nice hotel. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and large. The room has a refrigerator and microwave, and an added bonus of a dehumidifier for that heavy LA humidity. The air conditioning worked very well and kept us cool in the hot LA heat. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank okcmenace
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sulphur. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found our rooms to be comfortable and clean. Our dehumidifiers are definitely an added bonus in each guest room and we are so glad you appreciated them. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stay at a lot of the Marriott's chains because of work travel. This hotel is not exceptional but is decent enough to spend a few nights.

Just make sure you stay opposite of the highway for a good nights sleep.

1 Thank JeramieOK
We wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Charles/Sulphur. Our hotel has just reopened June 1st 2012 after undergoing major renovations. We would like to invite you to come in and give us a chance to exceed your expectations.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have stayed in the most elegant hotels in the world with professionally trained staff. However, my stay at this Fairfield was as good as anywhere in the world. This is 100% because of the employees at the Sulphur Fairfield.

From check in to checkout and everything in between, they treated me as if I as the most important guest who has ever stayed there. I will stay at this Fairfield whenever it is possible; even if I have to drive a further distance.

They are the greatest!

2 Thank rickie r
Luling, Louisiana
Reviewed August 31, 2011

As someone that is in the Customer Serivce insdustry, I value my customers and expect a certain level of professionalism myself. There are a multitude of Hotels to stay in within the Lake Charles/Sulphur area and I continue to be drawn to the Fairfield Inn here in Sulphur, LA. I travel frequently and being away from home is always difficult. The staff at this Fairfield is absolutely second to none. The main reason i keep coming back is because of their friendly staff. The treat me incredibly well and they are consistent each and every visit. What can I say? I'll see you soon! Thank you for your continued commitment to excellence. It is appreciated.
Ruben

Room Tip: Love the third floor rooms!
2 Thank bugs571
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed overnight with some friends. Staff is very courteous and friendly. From the front desk, to housekeeping.. Every time I met staff in hall, or elevator and they they greeted me and made me feel as though they appreciated my patronage. As always rooms were clean and neat. And they are remodeling!

• Stayed August 2011