“Great for the Kids”

Sulphur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for the Kids”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is great in the community I have taken my kids when they come with my wife for work. Awesome place for them to play when your at work.

Visited March 2013

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very Nice Rec Center”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited SPAR today while in town for Easter/visiting my inlaws. The work out room was large and very nice. Ample equipment, free weights and cardio machines. The staff were very nice. The indoor running track was also nice as well as basketball courts. My in laws are members and use the indoor pool and walking track and have for years. Since we were out of town, we paid $5 each to use the facilities which was fine by us. Well worth the money!

There is an outdoor pool and water park. We used that last summer and were completely grossed out by the crowd using the pool....cleanliness was a huge issue. They must have chlorinated well because we didn't get sick but it was gross. Dirty diapers by the lawn chairs, food, bees.....just lack of concern by people using the water park, individuals swimming with full colostomy bags. We will never do that again but we will continue to use the indoor facilities each time we visit.

1 Thank Tresmilain
New Orleans
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“State Swim Meet”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were here for an annual state swim meet. The aquatic center was very nice. It was nice to have two pools for the competitions and another for warm-ups. Other cities will envy this aquatic center.

Visited March 2013
Sulphur, Louisiana
“SPAR is a great entertainment and health center for all ages.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Good location, ample parking, good facilities with good access and maintainance. Helpful staff and something for everyone within the programs and classes. Admit is free, but there are fees for use of facilities. Highly recommend.

LE

Visited December 2012
Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Could be better with some improvements.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We didn't get to enjoy the big slides b/c my children are small but they look fun. The kiddie area is nice. The water is about shin to knee deep. The kids had fun playing in that. The kiddie slides had water spraying everywhere, but the water was spraying way too hard! Need to dial back the water pressure. The splash pads are very plain, the kids were not interested in it. The food was fairly priced. I think they should set a lower limit on occupancy. It was very crowded.

Visited July 2012