“Nice visit”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice visit”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped by and felt right at home. Check in was great with young lady who gave us the nice treatment. Would recommend the place. Shower head was good, breakfast good and pillows good. Had a relaxing night. Front desk young lady was very helpful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank psam6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was very spacious and the beds comfortable. I loved how there was a crackerbarrel restaurant across the street and further down the street there is a walmart, shoe store, etc. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the equipment in workout room. They didnt work well at all. Very disappointing. Other than that we had an awesome stay.Very clean!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank n1kk12016
Houston, TX USA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

From check in to departure this hotel was great! As I have traveled quite a bit, there are several comfort issues that concern me when going to a new hotel. One, will the AC really cool and keep running or cycle off and get warm? Two, is there really hot water for bathing? On down the line is the comforts of the room, the bed, the sitting area and so on. This Comfort Suites was tops in everything that makes my stay a great one. The front desk personnel were extremely accommodating and gracious. What more could you want?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 70Craig
Fort walton Beach, FL
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a perfectly fine stopover for us. Everything about the hotel was in good shape and the staff was very friendly. We were especially thankful that they let us know that they opened up the breakfast area early. This enabled us to get on the road even earlier than we had planned and get to our destination (in Texas) at a great time. Much, much appreciated!

My only complaint was the other guests and their behavior. There was a large number of baseball families staying in the hotel and it created two minor issues for us. First, there was a "tailgate party" that was allowed to go on. When we arrived (about 9 pm), there was a full barbecue taking place in the parking lot, complete with kids running around in the parking lot. The barbecue took up several parking places. The whole thing made it difficult for us to get into the parking lot and get unpacked. Secondly, there was quite a bit of noise in the hallways and it took quite awhile for it to calm down. We probably should have complained but it was late and we honestly just wanted to go to bed.

Other than that, it was a great stay and we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Disneyprofmom
Madisonville, Louisiana
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Manager at check in, in the evening was one of the best I have ever dealt with. She has been accepted to grad school in Chicago, and I know why. However, our swim team needed to check out post noon, and was granted a 1pm. I, travelling with the team, asked for the same and was denied. The morning employee, whose name I have, was completely unreasonable not just to me, but to others....even when I explained that my 14 year old would be there. No reasoning would work. I inquired and was told that there were plenty of rooms available, so check in's were not the issue. I understand too that Choice One members get a 2pm check out. Her treatment of me made zero sense. I believe she enjoyed just saying 'no'. Consequently, I had to pack up early, rush and get to SPAR...late, returning at 12:45 for my daughter to check out. Also, there were 4 in her room, and they only had 2 towels the entire time. So, ask for towels. I also smelled smoke in my room, most likely from another room, but did not report it. One more plus, comfy beds.

Room Tip: Avoid Interstate side, as the black out curtains are thin, and this property faces an all night wel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MsSuitePeach, VP Sales & Marketing at Comfort Suites Sulphur, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear MK,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay. I thank you for your comments regarding our evening manager; we too think we are fortunate to have this shining star as one of our associates. However, your departure experience was a true disappointment. I apologize for the service (or lack there of in this case) that you encountered. Please be sure that we have spoken with this associate regarding your valuable feedback & the impact it has made on your overall experience.
We work every day to make every guest happy, and I am disappointed that we failed to meet that goal for you.
I want you to know that feedback such as yours is invaluable, and we appreciate your taking the time to write the review. YOu can be assured that it HAS made a difference
Should your travels bring you to Sulphur again, I truly hope that you will contact me and let me know so that I may personally ensure your satisfaction
Safe travels,
Liz Beneski
PMI Hotels, Inc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is one of those places I am tempted to give a bad review, not because it is bad, because it is great! You see, it is a hidden gem, and I would hate not to be able to get a room there when I go on business. It was built in 2009. It is has not been smoked in (there were never any smoking rooms in this hotel). Also to my likeing, no pets are allowed (sorry pet owners). The rooms are comfortable and quiet. LCD tv's in each room (well or at least in the rooms that I have used). There is a nice exercise room. The pool is outdoors, but the property is surrounded by an undeveloped wooded area on two sides, so there is some feeling of privacy when in the pool. Breakfast is great. Fresh cookies in the evening are a nice touch. It is right across the street from a Cracker Barrel. The only cons are parking is tight if you are pulling a large trailer, and the business computer is Linux operating system which is pretty well locked down. You may have some problem opening some of the more standard Windows based documents. WiFi was pretty strong in the rooms I have stayed at. My room also had a special receptical on the work table for operating your laptop, ect. This receptical also had a couple of USB ports for charging if needed. The elevator is slow as Moses, but I can deal with that. Would I recommond this for someone passing through, not on your life. That is because I come to Lake Charles once a month to work and I have moved my location there. I want to keep this secret to myself and not have to settle for less because this one is booked up. I am heading back there this weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tubastew
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Upon arrival in Sulphur the hotel we originally booked was without water (water line break) so we sought out another hotel. I believe this is the only smoke-free hotel in town which was fantastic! Its new, super clean and the staff were very helpful in gettin my family in rooms. I would highly reccommend this hotel of you're staying in Sulphur!

• Stayed July 2012