“Don't pass this one up.”

Comfort Suites Sulphur
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is one of those places I am tempted to give a bad review, not because it is bad, because it is great! You see, it is a hidden gem, and I would hate not to be able to get a room there when I go on business. It was built in 2009. It is has not been smoked in (there were never any smoking rooms in this hotel). Also to my likeing, no pets are allowed (sorry pet owners). The rooms are comfortable and quiet. LCD tv's in each room (well or at least in the rooms that I have used). There is a nice exercise room. The pool is outdoors, but the property is surrounded by an undeveloped wooded area on two sides, so there is some feeling of privacy when in the pool. Breakfast is great. Fresh cookies in the evening are a nice touch. It is right across the street from a Cracker Barrel. The only cons are parking is tight if you are pulling a large trailer, and the business computer is Linux operating system which is pretty well locked down. You may have some problem opening some of the more standard Windows based documents. WiFi was pretty strong in the rooms I have stayed at. My room also had a special receptical on the work table for operating your laptop, ect. This receptical also had a couple of USB ports for charging if needed. The elevator is slow as Moses, but I can deal with that. Would I recommond this for someone passing through, not on your life. That is because I come to Lake Charles once a month to work and I have moved my location there. I want to keep this secret to myself and not have to settle for less because this one is booked up. I am heading back there this weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tubastew

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Upon arrival in Sulphur the hotel we originally booked was without water (water line break) so we sought out another hotel. I believe this is the only smoke-free hotel in town which was fantastic! Its new, super clean and the staff were very helpful in gettin my family in rooms. I would highly reccommend this hotel of you're staying in Sulphur!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great value. Very clean. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is a fairly new hotel. The hotel smells clean which is always very important. At check-in, even being booked within a block of rooms, they didn’t put our rooms together because they were not cleaned yet. So, everyone was scattered all over the hotel. I do have to say, I was really happy with our room. It was clean and roomy. We were staying at this hotel for a baseball tournament. So, we went down stairs to eat breakfast and it was packed. There was nowhere to sit. We decided to wait a little while. We returned around 9am when some of the crowd was gone. As, we were fixing our breakfast and waiting in line to make a waffle, the lady over that area yells out, "I am about to pick up the food so, you better get it now!" Only having 1 waffle maker in a big hotel full of baseball players, you can only image that there was a line waiting to make one. With people still in line waiting to make their waffles. Jerry the lady over the kitchen went over the mix and starts to remove it. I ask why her why she was doing this, then people are still waiting to make a waffle. She said its 9:30! And we pick everything up at 9:30! I tried to explain to her that we tried coming down earlier but, the place was packed. She just walked away. If you are having several large groups of people or you know your hotel is booked then, you should be more understanding and be prepared. For the price we paid for this hotel you would expect a little better service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank jabbg4
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Upon entering hotel, you notice the clean smell right away. On the weekend that I visited, there was a LARGE highschool baseball/softball tournament in town. The front desk staff, as well as the housekeeping staff, stayed on top of everything and I didn't encounter any problems. The breakfast buffet is large and abundant in variety, and offered several hot breakfast choices. Once again, with all the teenagers in the hotel, the staff kept the breakfast area well-stocked and clean. When checking out, one could see that the housekeeping staff was hard at work getting the rooms clean and prepared for the next round of visitors. I was very impressed. When I travel this way again, I hope there will be vacancy at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed here during my 30th class reunion, and it was awesome. The king suite had everything that I needed. Was spacious, clean, and the bed, well, best night's sleep that I've had in a long time. Dreaded having to pack my bags to leave. Only problem that I had was getting to the hotel from I-10. There was much construction, so I kept missing the exit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great staff, nice clean rooms, breakfast was better than I expected!!

• Stayed: February 2012