“The rooms are great but, the service is less than prefect”

Comfort Suites Sulphur
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is a fairly new hotel. The hotel smells clean which is always very important. At check-in, even being booked within a block of rooms, they didn’t put our rooms together because they were not cleaned yet. So, everyone was scattered all over the hotel. I do have to say, I was really happy with our room. It was clean and roomy. We were staying at this hotel for a baseball tournament. So, we went down stairs to eat breakfast and it was packed. There was nowhere to sit. We decided to wait a little while. We returned around 9am when some of the crowd was gone. As, we were fixing our breakfast and waiting in line to make a waffle, the lady over that area yells out, "I am about to pick up the food so, you better get it now!" Only having 1 waffle maker in a big hotel full of baseball players, you can only image that there was a line waiting to make one. With people still in line waiting to make their waffles. Jerry the lady over the kitchen went over the mix and starts to remove it. I ask why her why she was doing this, then people are still waiting to make a waffle. She said its 9:30! And we pick everything up at 9:30! I tried to explain to her that we tried coming down earlier but, the place was packed. She just walked away. If you are having several large groups of people or you know your hotel is booked then, you should be more understanding and be prepared. For the price we paid for this hotel you would expect a little better service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank jabbg4

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Upon entering hotel, you notice the clean smell right away. On the weekend that I visited, there was a LARGE highschool baseball/softball tournament in town. The front desk staff, as well as the housekeeping staff, stayed on top of everything and I didn't encounter any problems. The breakfast buffet is large and abundant in variety, and offered several hot breakfast choices. Once again, with all the teenagers in the hotel, the staff kept the breakfast area well-stocked and clean. When checking out, one could see that the housekeeping staff was hard at work getting the rooms clean and prepared for the next round of visitors. I was very impressed. When I travel this way again, I hope there will be vacancy at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed here during my 30th class reunion, and it was awesome. The king suite had everything that I needed. Was spacious, clean, and the bed, well, best night's sleep that I've had in a long time. Dreaded having to pack my bags to leave. Only problem that I had was getting to the hotel from I-10. There was much construction, so I kept missing the exit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great staff, nice clean rooms, breakfast was better than I expected!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Typical of what I have been getting with Comfort suites. Nice, new hotel, clean comforable rooms, good helpfull staff. Also, good rate of $99.00.

The location is not so great. There are not many restaurants near by. I traveled several exits west and still found few places to eat. No shopping near by either. It is right by the interstate so that is convenient.

Overall a good stay for business or to just stop for the night. Casinos are only a few minutes away in Lake Charles.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I was on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. I would stay again when I am in town next time. Grate place in Sulphur.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a nice stay at this hotel. I would let my friends & family know about this place.

• Stayed: March 2011