“stopever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
MANCHACA
“stopever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

on our way to NOLA-good place to spend the night halfway from Austin to the desitnation. have a Wyndam rewards card-saw the Wyndam Inn, but figured the Baymont would be a better value and it was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed at some of the finest, and it takes alot to impress me as far as cleanliness. However, I was in a pinch and needed a room at the last minute. I must say this hotel really shocked me. I was expecting a typical Best Western style hotel with a stinch, but was greeted by a warm, friendly clerk and a spotless clean room with modern decor. The best part is the price; I'll definitely choose Baymont again!!! Happy customer!

• Stayed September 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend, and overall I enjoyed it. Hotel was right next to the interstate, it was clean, and had a pretty decent hot/cold breakfast. My only complaint is the toilet. It seemed to have really low water pressure, and it didn't want to flush half the time. Sometimes I had to hold the handle or flush multiple times. It was a little annoying, but I didn't find it to be a major issue. The people who cleaned the room left me a note everyday after picking up their tip. I thought that was a nice touch.
To summarize, if you come here, expect a nice place with nice employees and a somewhat lousy toilet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Villa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Front desk was very helpful and excellent customer service. I was very pleased with the room
and I thought it was very nice. I stayed two nights. The mattress was nice, very cold air and located close to Restaurants. I would definately stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Belinda T, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Sulphur, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We at Baymont Inn & Suites take pride in giving the best customer service to our guest. and to make sure their stay was an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again along your travels.
Hohenwald, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Room, lobby and grounds were clean. Room had a few issues (like the toilet running all night, remote not working, little toilet paper left and loose towel hooks) that would normally be a non-issue, however when paying a real premium price it becomes one. I brought the issues to the general managers attention the next morning, who seemed rather non-chalent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

The room is ok, especially if you are not spending much time in it. I feel like the room could be nice because the decor is ok, BUT the rooms are not adequately being cleaned. Translation - the rooms are FILTHY, as are the shower curtains. The customer service at the hotel is great and they do offer a free hot breakfast (which is why i gave the hotel 2 stars), but none of that matters if the room is disgusting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank khardst
Belinda T, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Sulphur, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We at Baymont Inn and Suites takes pride in making sure our guest have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and was impressed with our friendly staff. I am very dissatisfied with the conditions of the room as to when you arrived. Please know that I have forward your concerns of the room coniditions to the management team and steps have been taken to correct the situation. We would love the opportunity to serve you again and have your stay a very enjoyable one. Please consider giving the Baymont Inn & Suites another try when travelling through Sulphur, La.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We would choose Baymont again!
We stayed in the Baymont on the last leg of a 1000 mile trip. Admittedly, we only selected it because of an ad in the Room-Saver magazine that had a discount coupon -- so I've no idea what normal rates are like. But it was GREAT. The staff were very friendly. The beds --- oh my -- soooo comfortable. As good as the bigger name, more expensive hotel with cookies that we stayed in elsewhere. And in PERFECT condition! Free wireless, free parking, free coffee in the room. Ahhhhh. If I had to find one complaint it would be to avoid the "eggs" in the hot breakfast. :) But that's minor as there plenty other typical free breakfast fare to munch on. I hope this place gets more top ratings. I think it deserves it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DOS-Belinda, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Sulphur, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We at Baymont Inn & Suites take pride in providing our guest with a wonderful lodging experience. We have taken your views on our breakfast items very seriously and are taking the steps to make sure this is corrected for your future stays with us. We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon.