“Better Than Average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Biloxi
“Better Than Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you can get a room here For less than 100 dollars, then this is a nice place to stay. It was recently renovated and it is clean. The bathroom, at least in my room, is miniscule. Other than that, the service is friendly and this is a fine place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliment with us! We are very proud of the quality of service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W-Sulphur. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on September 1, 2012 and was very pleased with the room and the staff. The only drawback I had was I attempted to use the microwave and discovered and entire McDonald's meal had been left in the microwave by another customer. I had to remove the foul food and smell it the entire night after I had to dispose it in the trash can. Othen than that surprise I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank P S
Benjamin R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Here at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W- Sulphur, we strive to give our guests an experience that exceeds their expectations. The staff works very hard to provide excellence in service and product. In this instance we fell short of our goal and we apologize for any inconvience that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that what you experienced is not normal service at this hotel. We hope that you will give us another shot when you are back in the area. We appciate your feedback and will use it to help us improve.

Benjamin Rhodes
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

As someon that is in the Customer Service industry, I value my customers and expect a certain level of professionalism myself. There are a multitude of Hotels to stay in within the Sulphur area and I continue to the Holiday Inn in Sulphur, La. I travel frequently and being away from home is always difficult. The staff at this Holiday Inn is second to none. From the checkin to the checkout and everything in between, they treated me as if I was the most important guest who has ever stayed. Every time I met staff in the hall or elevator they greeted me and made me feel as though they appreciate my patronage. As always the beds were comfortable and the large room was clean and neat. The room has a refrigerator and microwave.The pool area was very relaxing and well kept as well. The resturant is WONDERFUL I was able to enjoy a great meal at a even better price without having to ever get into my car. I will stay at this hotel whenever possible, even if I have to drive a further distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BWM7428
Lufkin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms were big and comfortable. Also, it was quiet in spite of the fact there was a boys baseball play-off and there were boys everywhere. Had breakfast in the restaurant and the wait staff were excellent. I would like to see HI have recycling available (I have had to carry my recyclables home the last two times) and use real glass instead of plastic and styrofoam.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IxchelLufkin_TX
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay here a lot, in fact, I think I have been here more often than any other H.I. (I am a Platinum Member). It is always quiet, clean and well run. If you are traveling with family, you will feel very safe.
The rooms are typical of current Holiday Inns, very comfortable and large. If in Lake Chas. to gamble, it is a fast shot over to the casinos.
I will, at times, eat at Kems (hotel resturant) and have always been pleased with the quality. Service is always friendly too.
I have always found the front guest staff to be rather cool- don't get me wrong- they are nice enough and get the job done quick but I never feel particularly welcomed... or not welcomed...that is the "cool" aspect I speak of. Thats ok though. When you are on the road as much as I am, it is kind of nice to feel a bit more welcomed, particularly when you choose to stay there as often as I have. BTW.. I am a very nice guy, never rude or demading!
If you are a Platinum Member and expect any thing special, well, don't. Just once I would like to be offered an upgrade- just to see what the other rooms might look like! I know, very petty of me.
Anyway, this is a very good, clean, safe place to stay. No worries.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim H
Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

After I called the 800 # to make a reservation and booked my room. I got down to Sulphur, La. only to find that I was booked in Sulphur Springs, TX. Upon showing up Jacqueline attempted to check me in when this little issue was found out. Jacqueline then devised a way for me to stay here even through an ATSSA kids baseball weekend (which turned out to be CRAZY) Parents WATCH YOUR KIDS! Needless to say it was a very trying stay! Jacqueline did her absolute best to maintain civilized order through this. The ones I felt bad for was Housekeeping! They did very well and did there time till 7pm both Sunday and Monday. Well done Staff. I had an issue with my AC and Tim was very quick to resolve it. Thank You to all the support staff...

Room Tip: There is no continental breakfast! They have room service and a resturant which was good but when yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Port Arthur, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I am actually at this particular Holiday Inn right now as I type this. I love this place. I truly do. If I have to come to this area for ANYTHING, I stay here.

The rooms are comfortable with great beds. The people are all very friendly and they are a big part of what makes the hotel so great.

My only issue is the service in the restaurant. I've never had worst service. A friend ordered a crispy chicken salad that was described on the menu as a chicken strip salad. It came with chicken nuggets. O_o

Our wait was more than 30 minutes and our bill was all wrong. Overcharged for items we never received. But again, the people were friendly to the point where I felt bad even being upset. There appeared to be one bartender,one server and one cook on duty. But all friendly!!

Overall, its a great hotel. Just don't visit the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Meghuneyntyson
jrforeman, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you love staying at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W-Sulphur! We truly appreciate your kind words about the staff and the comfort of our hotel!

I do hate to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not so great. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and hope that you will give our restaurant another chance. I’m sure you will find that your experience was not normal service. I do appreciate your feedback as it does help us to improve our service.

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you back soon!