Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Elysian Fields, TX
“Comfortable”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay here a lot, in fact, I think I have been here more often than any other H.I. (I am a Platinum Member). It is always quiet, clean and well run. If you are traveling with family, you will feel very safe.
The rooms are typical of current Holiday Inns, very comfortable and large. If in Lake Chas. to gamble, it is a fast shot over to the casinos.
I will, at times, eat at Kems (hotel resturant) and have always been pleased with the quality. Service is always friendly too.
I have always found the front guest staff to be rather cool- don't get me wrong- they are nice enough and get the job done quick but I never feel particularly welcomed... or not welcomed...that is the "cool" aspect I speak of. Thats ok though. When you are on the road as much as I am, it is kind of nice to feel a bit more welcomed, particularly when you choose to stay there as often as I have. BTW.. I am a very nice guy, never rude or demading!
If you are a Platinum Member and expect any thing special, well, don't. Just once I would like to be offered an upgrade- just to see what the other rooms might look like! I know, very petty of me.
Anyway, this is a very good, clean, safe place to stay. No worries.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After I called the 800 # to make a reservation and booked my room. I got down to Sulphur, La. only to find that I was booked in Sulphur Springs, TX. Upon showing up Jacqueline attempted to check me in when this little issue was found out. Jacqueline then devised a way for me to stay here even through an ATSSA kids baseball weekend (which turned out to be CRAZY) Parents WATCH YOUR KIDS! Needless to say it was a very trying stay! Jacqueline did her absolute best to maintain civilized order through this. The ones I felt bad for was Housekeeping! They did very well and did there time till 7pm both Sunday and Monday. Well done Staff. I had an issue with my AC and Tim was very quick to resolve it. Thank You to all the support staff...

Room Tip: There is no continental breakfast! They have room service and a resturant which was good but when yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I am actually at this particular Holiday Inn right now as I type this. I love this place. I truly do. If I have to come to this area for ANYTHING, I stay here.

The rooms are comfortable with great beds. The people are all very friendly and they are a big part of what makes the hotel so great.

My only issue is the service in the restaurant. I've never had worst service. A friend ordered a crispy chicken salad that was described on the menu as a chicken strip salad. It came with chicken nuggets. O_o

Our wait was more than 30 minutes and our bill was all wrong. Overcharged for items we never received. But again, the people were friendly to the point where I felt bad even being upset. There appeared to be one bartender,one server and one cook on duty. But all friendly!!

Overall, its a great hotel. Just don't visit the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Meghuneyntyson
jrforeman, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you love staying at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W-Sulphur! We truly appreciate your kind words about the staff and the comfort of our hotel!

I do hate to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not so great. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and hope that you will give our restaurant another chance. I’m sure you will find that your experience was not normal service. I do appreciate your feedback as it does help us to improve our service.

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you back soon!
Victoria
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had a pleasant stay,the lady at front desk Mrs.Jacquline really made sure i was confortable and ask if I had everything I needed,I will be staying here at this location more often.

Room Tip: King Beds are very comfortable rooms very cozy and fresh
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank redfishVictoria
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliment with us! We are very proud of the quality of service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W-Sulphur. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
The Woodlands
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We were in town for a Mardi Gras Ball and really enjoyed how quiet our room was.
It was very easy to get a good nights sleep after a night out with friends as there was not much if any room noise.The beds were very comfortable too.
Another thing I would like to mention is how friendly the front desk agents were. They were very helpful with all of our questions and always had a warm welcoming smile on their faces.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank artkayak
League City, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We really enjoyed our GNO at this hotel ,clean ...stay was helpful...room was above average ...Breakfast served as well

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
jrforeman, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W-Sulphur. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Lake Charles/Sulphur Area!
Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The Hotel is fairly new and the rooms are in good order, clean and comfortable. The problem with the Hotel is that they are no different than a Holiday Inn Express. During a three night stay, they had only one waitress and one cook during breakfast and dinner. At night there is only one staff member at the Hotel, the front desk clerk. If you need anything you must fetch it yourself. The bar closes at 10pm and it was staffed by the same waitress that served dinner and breakfast. i spoke to the cook several times and he was on duty solo every time. This caused extended wait time if more than two or three tables were occupied at any given time.

The Hotel has potential but the owners/management have to invest in enough personnel to provide the normal service and provide better raw materials/ingredients in order for the food to be of acceptable quality. The staff in the restaurant and bar was quite friendly and tried hard, but they just did not have anything to work with.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel G
jrforeman, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles W-Sulphur, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Here at the Holiday Inn Lake Charles W- Sulphur, we strive to give our guests an experience that exceeds their expectations. The staff works very hard to provide excellence in service and product. In this instance we fell short of our goal and we apologize for any inconvience that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that what you experienced is not normal service at this hotel. We hope that you will give us another shot when you are back in the area. We appciate your feedback and will use it to help us improve.