“An Incredible Experience”
Review of Finca Bellavista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piedras Blancas
Finca Bellavista
Encinitas, California
“An Incredible Experience”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We (2 couples) went to Finca Bellavista not sure exactly what to expect. It was an unbelievable experience of sleeping in the trees, sharing stories with travelers and hiking, zip lining and laughing for 2 days. We stayed in Mis Ojos - waking up to a beautiful raging waterfall and a number of exotic animals. I wish we booked for longer...

If you are looking for a one of a kind experience that you will speak of for the rest of your life consider Finca. The staff was incredibly welcoming and food was delicious.

Thank you Erica and Matt - it truly is a treasure.

xx,
Kellan, David, Andrew & Nine

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kvanhoesen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Great place. We stayed for 2 nights with our 2 boys (6&8) and loved it. It’s nature to its closest.

Although it was a big walk to our treehouse, which was not ideal for the kids especially after dinner in the community centre, this is place you HAVE to stay in once in your life.

Very nice and helpful people in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MichielMazel
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Finca Bellavista is literally one of the greatest places on earth. It's located in a beautiful part of the world and run by amazing people. This is a place where you can really connect to nature, and it's a place where you can see what's possible when people turn their dreams into a reality. Getting there takes a little work, but if you're willing to go out of your way a little bit, you'll be rewarded with an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Once you get there, you won't want to leave, and once you leave, you'll want to go back time after time. I really don't know of anyplace in the world that's like the Finca, and the fact that it's run by two people as great as Matt and Erica pushes it to the top of my list of favorite places. If I could live there, I would.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here, but the view from "Mis ojos" is pretty unbeatable.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris K
Cartago, CR
Reviewed August 3, 2011

In this place you can feel the peace of costarican wonders. Breakfast was really delicious. Erica and Mateo are really great hosts. The treehouses are in total environmental equilibrium, and are very comfortable and equipped with everything you may need. The beauties of my country (Costa Rica) are well preserved in this place, and that's something I really appreciate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank marsolh
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in El Castillo Mataste at Finca Bellavista (shown in the photos of the newly weds.) The room was clean nice and spacious, with a view of the surrounding jungle. There's a bridge that connects the two houses, one equipped with a kitchen and shower and the other serving as the main bedroom. A river runs through the whole property and you can swim when the water is not too high. Nice view of the river while ziplining too! The walk from El Castillo Mataste to the main lounging/dining area may be quite long (and dark at night) for some people. That being said it truly is a one-of-a-kind experience, where you can enjoy the pure life of living amidst the wild animals and trees of the jungle. The whole place is built by hand, and despite its rustic qualities, still has all the amenities of a house.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank msong41
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Family of 5. We loved everything. Favorite part: sitting down to a tasty dinner every night with the founders and learning the Finca story, the struggles they faced in getting it off the ground, their succeses, and their incredible vision for what Finca is to become.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kylemccollom
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A year ago I have read an article about this treehouse community and it became a dream to spend a couple of days here.
For a long time I thought that it will be just a dream, because I believed that this kind of places can only be afforded by the richest people. Fortunately It turned out this is not true. This April we decided to go to Costa Rica and It came to my mind again - Oh, I wish I could sleep in one of those treehouse in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle and could fullfil my childhood's dream - and I gave it a try and sent them an email about the prices and the available dates.
I felt like someone won the lottery, when I got a response from Erica - Yes, we have available tree houses...
I was very happy and when we saw the prices, we couldn't believe that we received it from Finca Bellavista. I thought that must have been a different hotel. With other words, they have very fair prices.
Finca Bellavista is a paradise if you are interested in real natural places. I enjoyed taking pictures of many special animals. I really felt like Gerald Durrell.

This is a unique place with unique people.

100% I will get back to Finca Bellavista.

Room Tip: El Castillo Mastate was our treehouse, in my opinion the best one!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
#4 of 11 in Golfito
Saladero Eco Lodge
Saladero Eco Lodge
#1 of 12 in Golfito

Been to Finca Bellavista? Share your experiences!