“El Castillo Mataste”
Review of Finca Bellavista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piedras Blancas
Finca Bellavista
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in El Castillo Mataste at Finca Bellavista (shown in the photos of the newly weds.) The room was clean nice and spacious, with a view of the surrounding jungle. There's a bridge that connects the two houses, one equipped with a kitchen and shower and the other serving as the main bedroom. A river runs through the whole property and you can swim when the water is not too high. Nice view of the river while ziplining too! The walk from El Castillo Mataste to the main lounging/dining area may be quite long (and dark at night) for some people. That being said it truly is a one-of-a-kind experience, where you can enjoy the pure life of living amidst the wild animals and trees of the jungle. The whole place is built by hand, and despite its rustic qualities, still has all the amenities of a house.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank msong41
There are newer reviews for Finca Bellavista

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Family of 5. We loved everything. Favorite part: sitting down to a tasty dinner every night with the founders and learning the Finca story, the struggles they faced in getting it off the ground, their succeses, and their incredible vision for what Finca is to become.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kylemccollom
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A year ago I have read an article about this treehouse community and it became a dream to spend a couple of days here.
For a long time I thought that it will be just a dream, because I believed that this kind of places can only be afforded by the richest people. Fortunately It turned out this is not true. This April we decided to go to Costa Rica and It came to my mind again - Oh, I wish I could sleep in one of those treehouse in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle and could fullfil my childhood's dream - and I gave it a try and sent them an email about the prices and the available dates.
I felt like someone won the lottery, when I got a response from Erica - Yes, we have available tree houses...
I was very happy and when we saw the prices, we couldn't believe that we received it from Finca Bellavista. I thought that must have been a different hotel. With other words, they have very fair prices.
Finca Bellavista is a paradise if you are interested in real natural places. I enjoyed taking pictures of many special animals. I really felt like Gerald Durrell.

This is a unique place with unique people.

100% I will get back to Finca Bellavista.

Room Tip: El Castillo Mastate was our treehouse, in my opinion the best one!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Vejko
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Finca Bellavista is not just a place to stay!. We had such a fantastic time hiking the jungle, visiting the tree houses, swimming in the crystal clear swimming holes in the Bellavista river, and zip lining through the jungle! This can't all be done in one day you need at least a 3 day stay.

We had the opportunity of both sleeping at the Mis Ojos tree house (at the water fall) and the Casa del Sol (at base camp). The flora and fauna are spectacular abundant every where! A bird/butterfly watcher, reptile/bug hunter and orchid/flower lovers dream.

Mateo and Erica are the best hosts! Jeff the chief cook and property manager is great, when he is not there Frances will cook you up great Costa Rican dishes.

Thanks for such a memorable experience!
Laurie, Leo and Betty

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank LaurieFBV
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I say it's the best of Costa Rica because Finca (with Erica and Matt's guidance) allows you to have whatever experience you want. If any of the words adventure, relaxation, waterfalls, hiking, jungle, mountain, community, natural, flora, fauna, treetops, or exotic appeal to you, then you will find it there. That is what happened on my visit(s), even when I brought my eight year old, we had the dream vacation that we were looking for. It is so breathtakingly beautiful that words can't describe it, so really, go check it out! Not to mention, the prices are so reasonable, the people are knowledgeable and accessible, and there are other adventures that can be coordinated with Erica's help, if wanted. I have been to at least seven or more cities for stays in Costa Rica and Finca is my favorite!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank pathwaysholly
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Erica & Matt run a great lodge in the heart of the jungle. Beautiful rivers, trees, wildlife, and fun zip lines (if available). Beaches nearby. You can even buy a property there and get a treehouse built! Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jedieasy
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This place was amazing! Like nothing you can find anywhere else! You get to stay in a absolutely gorgeous treehouse in the middle of the jungle of Costa Rica, amazing views, trails, and sounds. So peaceful! Awesome ziplining! I went all around Costa Rica for 3 months, and this place was the best!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 12 in Golfito
Iguana Lodge
Iguana Lodge
#3 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Finca Bellavista? Share your experiences!