“man size portion of amazing food”
Review of Queens Head - CLOSED

Queens Head
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small free hold country pub serving traditional pub classics with a bit flair and style always with a cracking ale and world lagers.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“man size portion of amazing food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Traditional small English village pub with really friendly, helpful staff.
The steak and chips we both had was cooked to perfection. The chips were fab, real hand cut double fried chips, I usually eat about 5 and leave the rest but tonight I ate the lot. There is not one criticism we can levy. The view from the patio area is lovely too. Thank you, we will certainly be going back!!!

• Visited August 2013

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Ryans birthday surprise”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

6 of us went on a Groupon deal to try this pub in Sutton Bassett. Ongoing refurb, but the hosts were very accomodating, very friendly atmosphere and the food was to die for. Home made chips with the fish and chips, piri piri chicken breast and salad with home made coleslaw, home made soup on the starters, all the deserts were also home made.
Fantastic value, and definitely going again.

1 Thank Tim S
Loddington, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly pub, lovely location”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

had the ploughmans lunch today which was excellent. Very nicely presented with a wonderful salad and the best ham ever! Landlord friendly too. Will definitely return to try something else off the menu.

Oakham, United Kingdom
“What?”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As has been said on earlier posts, the place is pretty dilapidated but there are signs saying it is being refurbed, though I didn't see any signs of it.

Staff really nice and friendly and drinks nice.

Food, forget it!!

They had run out of Cod on a Friday??

The "homemade pate" was like a sauce so you couldn't keep it on your toast.

When my "hand cut thick gammon" arrived I could not believe it, I have never seen such a tiny piece of gammon in my life, there were lots of chips. OH'd peri peri chicken came without any potatoes and was very tough.

Will we go again? You must be joking

2 Thank jmkenn451956
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Burger variable”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had not visited this pub for many years after once being given a pint containing pipe cleaning fluid residue. It wasn't so much that; after all, we all make mistakes. No, what bugged me was the attitude when I pointed it out and asked for a fresh one. I suspect the staff have changed many times since then. The food was school dinners at that time too.
This time, I decided to take a friend for an evening meal, partly to see how it was. The carpark was full but it seemed peaceful in the bar and the greeting was warm and genuine. We wanted to try a particular ale but were warned that it was a little cloudy so selected another. It was excellent. My companion and I both ordered burgers. I made certain to ask that it came with no relish or sauces and explained that I detested vinegar wherever it was. When my lamb burger arrived, it had a very vinegary mint yoghurt all over it and was accompanied by coleslaw. I sent it back and encouraged my companion to get stuck into his Piri-piri chicken burger while we waited. He was a little uncomfortable about that, but offered a few of his French Fries expecting a long wait.
All too soon my replacement lamb burger arrived. It had evidently been high microwaved and now had the consistency of old dry cake. The piece of (probably) halloumi on the top was equally hard. Actually, the taste was reasonable so I decided to eat it to avoid adding more discomfort to my friend. He enjoyed his burger but if this is representative of the establishment, I will not return.

2 Thank dcturner