“AWFUL!!!!!! SHOULD NOT BE OPEN!!!! AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!”
Review of Super 8 Slidell

Super 8 Slidell
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Shreveport
“AWFUL!!!!!! SHOULD NOT BE OPEN!!!! AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room smelled of mold and mildew. I also told Wyndham that you should not be on there approved list.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Pamela W,
Thank you for your constructive criticism. I know my staff and I will work so these issues do not occur.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Jose
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After our one day stay in downtown New Orleans, we spent the next 6 days during our Super Bowl trip. We had made reservations at a good price and they were honored when we got there. We met the manager Milan Patel and he treated us real nice. The nice young lady at the front desk was also real nice during our stay. She told us about a nice restaurant that served good sea food. The Southside Cafe and she was right. Rooms at hotel were big and clean plus there was a microwave and fridge. Breakfast was some thing to get you going but there was also a Waffle House next to the hotel if you wanted some different. Overall we had a good time staying here. Met some Raven and Niners fans. Easy in and out to freeway that takes you to New Orleans. Would stay here again

Room Tip: Get a lower floor room close to office.Some good places to eat in Slidell. Ask front dest for info...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Juanrider,

I’m glad to hear that you and your wife made it safely back to California. We were happy to hear that you took advantage of our convenient locations next the interstate as well as many local restaurants. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during the Super Bowl. It’s so nice to hear how much you enjoyed the area during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Mint Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

When we arrived I noticed three mattresses by the dumpster (bed bugs?). After sleeping in one of our queen size beds I'm experiencing a nasty rash. My wife and daughter slept in the other queen size and haven't had and symptoms. The second day as I was brushing my teeth I realized I didn't have a bottle of water and would have to use the tap water. No cool water to be found! No matter how I adjusted the facet it was hot. I would not stay there again. Very hard to give an 18 month old a bath when you can only regulate the water pressure, not the temp. Just like other users have said, the TV is bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Brandon B,

Thank you for staying with us and expressing your concerns regarding your stay at Super 8 in Slidell. I’d like to ease your mind about these concerns and would like to start by addressing the mattresses.

We recently purchased new mattresses for every room in the hotel as the mattresses do get used quite often-we try to make sure the beds are as comfortable as possible for our guests. The older mattresses were donated to a local charity. However, we did dispose of the box springs (as we replaced those in every room too), which is what you saw by the dumpster. If the rash you have does not clear up, please seek medical attention immediately-however we can assure you this was not in result of bed bugs. As your wife and daughter do not have a rash, I believe it’s safe to assume this rash was contracted elsewhere. If bed bugs are in one mattress they are likely in the mattress next to them as well. We should also recognize the fact that bed bugs leave bite marks, not rashes.

Next, I would like to address the water temperature. As you know, any residence or business can control the temperature of hot water only. Our water supply comes in from New Orleans which supplies all area businesses and residences. The cold water is separated at the hot water heater and is spilt throughout the building.

I am not really sure what you mean when you say the TV is “bad”. All of our 86 cable channels are coming in perfectly clear. If you had any challenges with the television, we would have gladly changed it out for you as we want every guest to enjoy their stay with us.

Again, thank you for staying with us and do hope that you visit us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Slidell hotels

Robertsdale
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We always stay at a Super 8 when we travel. This was one of the BEST!!! Very-Very clean and very helpful in helping us to decide the best swamp boat ride to go on in the area. The desk clerk also offered us a Super 8 travel mug...as I understand it, if you have one of these, you can always stop by a Super 8 for free coffee. And speaking of coffee, they introduced my wife and I to a new brand of coffee - Farmer Brothers Coffee! If ever in this area again, we will definitely stay at this Super 8...

Room Tip: Best coffee "Farmer Brothers" - my first time introduced to this brand!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Rickie H,
Thank you, for all your kind words. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to make sure each room has been thoroughly cleaned. The Farmer Bros brand has been a great addition to our complimentary Super Start breakfast. Our coffee cup program has been wonderful, and very convenient when travelling. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Travel Safe.