“Just Ok ...... Not Bad but Not Great Either”

Hampton Inn Slidell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Location: I came to Slidell via Amtrak. The hotel is a short 10 min ride by taxi. There are a few gas stations n a chinese buffet next door. So if u dont have a car you maybe stuck

The Hotel: check in was quick and informative. Upon entering the building I noticed a stale smell but moved past it.

The Room: Very quiet however when I entered the room the smell was horrible. Smelled VERY stale!!! I had my friend bring me a candle so I was ok after that. The room was clean a little dated but clean none the less. Only thing when my neighbors showered it was so loud it sounded as if they were in the room with me.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Slidell

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived around midnight and were able to check in quickly and get to our room in a very fast manner. In the morning we were able to have a good breakfast, which enabled us to get on the road very quickly, which we needed to do in order to reach our destination in a timely manner.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Slidell Hampton and can't wait till I am back in the area!!!! The breakfast was OUTSTANDING and the staff was great. The location was right off interstate which made it convenient for me and my plans.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had an amazing stay!! We didn't tell the kids about the indoor pool until check in and they were super excited to go swimming. The room was wonderful and welcoming. But it really was the staff that made the difference. Penne at the front desk was a much needed smile after such a long drive and she even brought the kids water to drink while they played at the pool. I'm not sure how much sleep Penne gets because she was there and still smiling the next morning when we checked out too. Ann in the Café was so sweet she made breakfast feel like a vacation which was much needed for this overworked mama. Thanks Ladies!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Its a great Hampton right off the Interstate in Slidell. The updated property is stylish and the rooms are roomy, clean and quiet. This is my favorite hotel in Slidell. I have booked business travelers there also that were working in New Orleans East. Haven't tried the pool but the complimentary breakfast has a lot of variety and the coffee is GREAT!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The front desk staff at this hotel needs training in customer service, it is noticeably different from other Hampton Inns in the country (world), however the breakfast staff were excellent and everything at breakfast was very good. The location is close to the I-10, however the hotel is very quiet and there is easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I came to New Orleans on business during the ice storm. I had already had reservations at the hotel and the staff welcomed us warmly. Our room was spacious and very clean and the breakfast was better than most. There were no odd smells anywhere in the hotel and the noise even though they were full from the storm was minimal at the most. I would stay there again without any regrets.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business