“Lived up to recommendation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Slidell

Hampton Inn Slidell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Minden, United States
“Lived up to recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This facility was recommended by the representative of AAA in Slidell and it was everything she said it would be and more. I was very comfortable in all ways. I was working on a special project for Christmas and the desk person helped me make copies of materials I needed. I slept extremely well. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Sarah M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte, NC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel was as expected. Nice and clean with friendly staff. There was little to no hot water for my shower. The Hampton is updated in the lobby although once you step off the elevator it is clear that nothing but they lobby has been renovated. The room was clean, but dated. Breakfast was great with lots of choices. I would not stay at this location again unless I could be assured that the hot water situation had been fixed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Laura R
Slidell, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have never stayed in such a filthy hotel in my entire life! The hand towel that was rolled-up on the side of the sink had several black hairs on it, as did several other towels/wash rags. There was a big black hair on the tub's hand rail and debris inside both the tub and the sink. There were several places on the tub where the porcelain was chipped off and the brown part was exposed. There was a smashed dead bug on the pillowcase that was on the bed and the carpet was stained and dirty. The mini-fridge was partially broken and didn't cool very well. I did not change rooms because both of my traveling companions (business colleagues) also had issues with their rooms and therefore I didn't believe a different room would be much better. I ended up sleeping on the little couch, as it was the cleanest (for lack of a better term) piece of furniture in the room and no covers or shower the following morning. I have never been compelled to write an unpleasant review before, however I believe it is my responsibility to share this information and hopefully save others from the terrible experience that I had at this old and rundown facility.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hampton-slidell, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Slidell, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The previous night we stayed in a Fairfield Inn and experienced some horrible conditions, both in room quality and staff professionalism. The staff was knowledgeable, courteous, and willing to get me the best rate possible. They even offered to book my Mardi Gras reservations on the spot. Great location and great staff, good breakfast and very clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

As I stated on the previous screen, I've been staying at Hampton Inns for several years. I don't require luxury at all times. Once in a while, I'll stay in an upscale Hilton brand hotel. I think you provide a quality product at a reasonable price. Overall...a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

"Clean cloud" king bed was memorable. Front desk folks very attentive to our boring tourist questions. Immediate access to lobby computers (3). Plenty of good food at the complimentary breakfast. Overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Washington, DC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a pretty nice Hampton Inn, and is pretty modern, though not in the best area - not that Slidell is the Hamptons. It has good updated clean rooms, Friendly staff, a Nice breakfast, and was generally a good stay. They usually have free apples and pralines all the time, as well as take-away bagged lunches at the front desk, which was a nice touch. Only complaint was when I left, I wish they would have had some coffee available at 4am when I had to leave for my flight. Had to leave fuzzy-eyed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business