“Decent”

Hampton Inn Slidell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Slidell was a decent place to stay. They offered complimentary pralines upon check-in. I thought that was a nice touch. Our initial room was contaminated by a closet smoker. The front desk quickly moved us to an alternate room without a problem. Great customer service. The new room smelled fresh. It appears the property is older and has been updated. Despite a hotel full little leaguers, we never heard any of the children. We enjoyed a good nights rest. The breakfast was ample and varied.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Slidell

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel was very nice overall but the room wasn’t all that great. I took my shoes off when we arrived and the carpet felt gross under my feet; almost sticky. Also I had a king suite with a sleeper sofa and the sleeper was missing some of the springs on the foot of the bed and when my kids would try to get out of the bed at the bottom the mattress would push through. The king bed was very comfortable but it could have used some touch ups and maybe some replacement furniture/parts/carpet. I will probably look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Friendly staff, clean, comfy. Easy to locate and get around the area. Great coffee and waffle's.
Only a short distance from Nola, Baton Rouge. Close to good restaurants. The frig in our room popped a lot but otherwise we love the Hilton family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place was nice inside and out. The room was clean and was presented good. The meeting rooms and the free breakfast was a real pleasure! Most places stop serving before I get up but they served until 10. The pool was clean and the outside well maintained. The staff was very helpful and polite. We visited Slidell for a Baseball tournament and the entire place was booked! Most rooms with at least 1 or more kids and not once did we hear anything. Conveniently located also. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor by the vending and ice machine. No noise and very convenient to everything.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana G
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I way lying in my bed around 12am still awake with the lights on when I spotted something crawl behind a picture on the wall. When it came from behind the wall it was a cock roach. I called front desk anc reported the issue. The clerk gave me a different room but that did nothing for my worries of this hotel having roaches. I informed the clerk I didn't call for another room at 12am. She insisted I take it for the troubles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recommend this hotel for business travel in or around Slidell, LA. The hotel was clean and convenient. I used the fitness center, the in-room WiFi, and the pool. All were adequate. The staff was helpful. The breakfast and snacks were adequate as well. I appreciated the healthy options, including oatmeal and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel was very clean. The room was clean. The staff was very helpful and polite. The hotel was located within minutes from were I wanted to visit. Also, it was within driving distance of New Orleans without the traffic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business