“Good Night's Rest”

Hampton Inn Slidell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped to spend one night as we were traveling through. We checked in late. Front desk staff was friendly and attentative. Room and bathroom was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had a good night's rest. We did not take advantage of any of the extras - pool, breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I always use Hampton Inns when I travel. I travel a lot for business. The hotel staff was very helpful and conscientious. The hotel was safe and clean. The breakfast was hot and items were fresh. I would stay there again. A good price for distance from New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have stayed at several Hampton Inns and found this one to have had a complete facelift...upscaled furniture in the lobby, the breakfast area, etc. and our room. We had pillowtop beds we usually find in the 4* hotels we stay at and they had down alternate duvets (much better than down for people like me with allergies, and much more comfortable--not so hot and comfortable in all times of the year). Pillows were fine and I'm picky.

We booked the hotel because it was ideally located just off the highway and easy to access. The bonus was it wasn't right next to the freeway, so it was quiet. Often those right on highways have half the hotel noisy, but that wasn't the case. We had a fridge and micro and large area to lay our suitcase, which I appreciate as I don't like laying them on the floor. It was clean, we all four commented on how great we slept on the beds, and for free breakfast, you couldn't beat it! Instead of just a continental breakfast or some include a little more, this one included waffles, bacon or sausage, eggs, hot cereals, regular cereals, a juice bar, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bread, bagels, or a pastry. Something to appeal to everyone. I'd stay again!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, and while we faced part road/highway, it was completely quiet! I think an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was nice and quiet, and featured a comfortable bed. Cleanliness was reasonable, but not excellent. The breakfast bar was decent.

The hotel location was good, easily accessible. The parking lot is somewhat irregular in shape, so you may have to park a little further from the entrance than you may be used to.

A little bit pricey, but so are all the hotels in the area. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here while driving to move from Washington DC to Houston. First off, it was very cold when we arrived in LA. We went straight to our rooms to warm up, we turned the heater on and it smelt so bad and set the fire alarms off. The girl working the counter said this was because it was the first time for the heaters to be on this year. She said to put a towel on the vent and it should help with the smell. It didn't and gave my husband a headache. Switched to another room with the same problem. Luckily we werent too cold in our room to be comfortable. The fitness center was closed while we were there for renovations. This wasn't the best Hampton Inn I have stayed it. There have been better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hampton-slidell, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better.We hope that you will give us another chance. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at dena.parmar@hilton.com. Thank you for being a valued guest! Take care and have a wonder day!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had room #314, a regular 2-queen room for $115.65 including taxes. The room was a little disappointing as it just wasn't as nice as most Hamptons are. It was a small room, with no refrigerator (really missed that!) or microwave. As another poster said, the rooms could use a facelift. It was adequate and nothing more. The bathroom was all one room, and I prefer them when the sink area is outside the bathroom. The front desk staff was friendly. They were remodeling the breakfast area so it was moved to another room. I had scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, breakfast potatoes, raspberry yogurt and coffee. There were no bathrooms available downstairs as they were also remodeling those. I doubt we would stay here again unless the rooms were refurbished.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better.I am happy to say that we have completed our renovations and we hope that you will give us another chance. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at dena.parmar@hilton.com. Thank you for being a valued guest! Take care and have a wonder day!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

not the taj mahal and not a dump. just a good average hotel to get a good nights sleep. a nice light breakfast to get you moving in the morning. stayed on a friday and saturday hotel was very quiet on the weekend. the accomodations are right in line with what you pay for. if you expect more then you gotta pay more. room was clean and staff was pleasant

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple