“Great stopover”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great stopover”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here on the way to Texas over the holidays. It was comfortable and the breakfast was included in the room price. The breakfast includes pastrys, juice, waffles, and egg and sausage patty. The Inn is conveniently located near a Shell gas station and various restaurants near I-10.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I recently stayed here for a New Year's getaway with my fiance. We had seen some nice reviews, and thought it would be a great place to try. Never again. There were issues checking in, though the lady was very nice, and the lobby was completely misleading. Where it was very clean, modern, and spacious, the room was the exact opposite. The "porch light" to our room didn't work, and neither did half the outlets. A lamp was left unplugged, so my fiance had to slide the entertainment center aside to plug it in, and the cheap furniture almost fell apart. The outlet was horribly rigged as well, with exposed wires. There was paint peeling off one of the walls, a draft under the door, the fridge made a loud noise all night, the AC cover wouldn't stay all the way on, and the bathroom was incredibly tiny. In the morning, we were woken to the sounds of someone banging a hammer next door that went on for thirty minutes. When we were packing to check out thirty minutes before we had to leave the room, a VERY rude housekeeper stopped in front of our window and peeped inside, even though we still had the DND sign on our door. Our experience was just fine, we made the best of it, however we will NOT be returning, especially at $94 a night. I don't understand how anyone could call this place "resort-like." It was a pricey Motel 6 copycat at best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth H
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks for your comments about your New Year's stay at our La Quinta Inn New Orleans - Slidell. The room issues you've mentioned are very concerning to us. Our goal is to provide a room that works for our guests, and we're sorry we didn't do so for you. We'll also share your comments to our Housekeeping team so they too can share in your experience. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com to provide which room you stayed in so we can have our Maintenance team fix those items you mentioned? We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you!
Houston, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Clean hotel, with friendly staff and a good breakfast is provided free of charge in a.m. hour. Conveniently located to Interstate and even though there isn't a restaurant on the premises, there are plenty of places to eat close by. This is our third stay at this hotel over the past 2 years and we haven't been disappointed with any of our stays. We will continue to stay at this hotel in the future.

Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Not a good hotel to stay in. Well, shouldn't be called 'hotel' or 'inn', a 'motel' is more appropriate for it. The service was horrible. I guess if you dressed up like a somebody, they would lick up your shoes. But with your casual cloth, don't expect too much from them. The room wasn't very clean either.

1 Thank Monica R
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We’ve read your review of our La Quinta Inn New Orleans – Slidell. We’re concerned about the service issues you mention in your comments and would like to ask you reach out to us directly at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we may chat with you further about your time with us. It sounds like we have some things we need to address with our team and we’d like to hear more from you. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is easy to get to off the interstate. The rooms are all outside access. The room and especially the bathroom could use a facelift. The breakfast is average and could include additional items.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Got to the hotel exhausted after a 10 hour drive outrunning bad weather. The hotel was older but fine and was complaint free . Continental breakfast was pretty picked over by 9 am . All in all....no problems than a tired man could find. The room was $109 with my discount and that is a bit higher than the norm but we were rested and happy when we left. Always enjoy my stays at La Quinta.....almost ...LOL !

Room Tip: Call ahead and check rates. Pet friendly.
Bonanza, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

First of all, when we arrived, my husband and I were very sick. We tried to walk our "OUTSIDE" dog, but he wouldn't have any part of it. Neither would he eat. "Long trip that day". We put him on a chain, and left him in the truck so he could get out if needed. We parked away from any other person, and backed up near the fence. He did decide to get out later that evening. Wasn't hurting anyone or anything. When I finally got to sleep after coughing all night. About 1:30 AM I get a call, waking me up and telling me we had to get our dog into the room. I repeat he is not an inside dog. I told her I would not go outside as I was sick and in my nightgown. She brought the dog to me. I have allergies to dogs in my bedroom. He was really upset with the whole thing, and so was I. I didn't go back to sleep. Anyhow, since our guard dog was taken from his kennel, and put into our room, We were robbed after that. There was a box in the back of our truck Many personal items including a new, kuerig coffe maker and a new box of coffee pods, New balance shoes that had a 35.00 lift on it, a Kodak camera, 4 new tea towels, and 4 new dish rags. Hard bound book, by David Jerimial, sugar free syrup, 2 gallons of dry peanuts, flea medicine for 2 dogs. I know there was more, but can't think of at this time. I figure your company owes me about $600.00. I plan to press charges. This would not have happened if the rude person that called me at 1:30 in the morning hadn't insisted on us taking the dog into our room. He would have kept so called robbers away. She was very rude

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family