“Aging hotel needs update”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Aging hotel needs update”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is easy to get to off the interstate. The rooms are all outside access. The room and especially the bathroom could use a facelift. The breakfast is average and could include additional items.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Got to the hotel exhausted after a 10 hour drive outrunning bad weather. The hotel was older but fine and was complaint free . Continental breakfast was pretty picked over by 9 am . All in all....no problems than a tired man could find. The room was $109 with my discount and that is a bit higher than the norm but we were rested and happy when we left. Always enjoy my stays at La Quinta.....almost ...LOL !

Room Tip: Call ahead and check rates. Pet friendly.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bonanza, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

First of all, when we arrived, my husband and I were very sick. We tried to walk our "OUTSIDE" dog, but he wouldn't have any part of it. Neither would he eat. "Long trip that day". We put him on a chain, and left him in the truck so he could get out if needed. We parked away from any other person, and backed up near the fence. He did decide to get out later that evening. Wasn't hurting anyone or anything. When I finally got to sleep after coughing all night. About 1:30 AM I get a call, waking me up and telling me we had to get our dog into the room. I repeat he is not an inside dog. I told her I would not go outside as I was sick and in my nightgown. She brought the dog to me. I have allergies to dogs in my bedroom. He was really upset with the whole thing, and so was I. I didn't go back to sleep. Anyhow, since our guard dog was taken from his kennel, and put into our room, We were robbed after that. There was a box in the back of our truck Many personal items including a new, kuerig coffe maker and a new box of coffee pods, New balance shoes that had a 35.00 lift on it, a Kodak camera, 4 new tea towels, and 4 new dish rags. Hard bound book, by David Jerimial, sugar free syrup, 2 gallons of dry peanuts, flea medicine for 2 dogs. I know there was more, but can't think of at this time. I figure your company owes me about $600.00. I plan to press charges. This would not have happened if the rude person that called me at 1:30 in the morning hadn't insisted on us taking the dog into our room. He would have kept so called robbers away. She was very rude

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I highly recommend this La Quinta even though its only 30 minutes from the French Quarter but you save a lot of $. The staff was great both upon arrival and quick departure, my room was very clean. I've stayed at other hotels by the New Orleans airport but they were not as nice and loud due to the airport noise. The French Quarter charges for parking on most all rooms so even though you think your getting a cheap price your not due to the higher city taxes and parking fees. I will definitely be going back to this La Quinta when in the area in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Orlando T
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean, but had only very basic amenities. Our room had a queen bed, no microwave or fridge and very limited TV channels. Unfortunately, when you travel with pets the options are very limited, and La Quinta does have a great pet policy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I was really surprised at the quality of this property. It is an older style with doors to the outside, but it has recently been updated. The lobby was a real surprise with nice finishes and plenty of space, not what you find at LQ normally. Nice breakfast space with typical LQ menu. They did have staff that was taking care of refills as needed. Nice change for an LQ breakfast.
Our room was a double in very good shape and clean. Nice size room with large desk, fridge/micro, and large bath. Inside room facing courtyard that was very well kept.
This property just looked good, despite its age.
For the price it was a great find. If you are coming through Slidell on I-12, this property even being on I-10 is worth the extra mile. Really it's less than a mile off of I-12.
We will use this property again.

Stayed November 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I received what I expected from this hotel. We were off and back on the interstate pretty quickly. Check-in and Check-out was efficient. Breakfast was the normal as at all La Quintas. The staff made the difference. When I checked in the poor girl had just finished with another person who I shall describe as "extremely difficult". However, she dealt with me as if she was having the best day ever. In the morning, the staff was welcoming and had no problem helping me corral my two year old into breakfast.

Room Tip: For a family, I think a room facing the inner courtyard is better. We were also careful to park whe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family