“Very nice hotel for the price”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A very nice hotel just off I-10. Very close to New Orleans, about 35 minutes away. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, free internet computer in lobby. Lobby was very comfortable with the best free breakfast on our trip. Service was superior. Only problem is the one way street it is located on. Once you figure that out, there is no problem with this property. Wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room on the bottom floor. No one used the pool this time of year and it was quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The place was nice and also convenient. We got there about 10 PM and the staff was quite courteous and friendly.

I wasn't expecting a flat screen TV much less a flat panel, yet there it was! In a nice, clean room. Not only did I feel welcomed at the front desk, but in the room as well.

The only bad stuff were the really lightweight shower curtain that tended to float toward me while showering. This could probably be remedied by installing either a heavier curtain or a curved curtain rod. And although the bed was okay, it did kinda sag as the night wore on. But then again, I'm fat so I contributed to that problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrivingZiggy
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just spent 3 nights in this hotel. I read some of the other reviews and wonder if the people writing the bad reviews have the wrong hotel. Yes it is an old hotel, but it was renovated about a year ago. It was clean and had no bad odors. The grounds around the pool and the pool itself were beautiful. It is pet friendly and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was typical LaQuinta. The only complaint I have is that the air conditioner rumbled now and then, and the baseboards in the bathroom area had dust on them. Otherwise the room was spotless. Floors and carpet clean - no mildew in the bathroom. The mattress was like new (pillowtop) and quite comfortable. It is very convenient to I 10, but our room was nice and quiet.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel was very clean on the outside and for the most part clean on the inside. We had a reservation for four adults, but found only three towels in the bathroom for our use. I also found a spider web between the bed and the nightstand. Had we been staying longer than one day I would have said something, but because we were leaving early the next morning it wasn't a big deal to us. The sheets were clean and the internet was fast. Overall it was an ok experience and I had no complaints from anyone else in my group.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed October 15, 2013

But everything else about the property screams Days Inn circa 1982! It's an old property - motel style with the room doors facing the parking lot - that's been renovated. For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would willing stop here unless you a) don't want to drive through New Orleans as it's getting late or b) just got through New Orleans to not have to deal with traffic in the morning.

The rooms have been refurbished but some fixtures had age on them. And there's only so much a coat of paint can hide. The breakfast was fair but lacking some of the hot items you'd look for at other properties.

If you must stay there, try to get a room towards the back, unless the dulcet tones of jake brakes and other highway noises soothes you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MrHoover
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We travel occasionally to visit family in Houston, TX and this La Quinta is our go-to overnight hotel. The rooms are clean and relatively updated. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. On our most recent visit the air-conditioner and the TV in our room didn't work. We called the front desk and they immediately gave us another comparable room and helped us move our items to the new room. We have two small dogs and love that the hotel is pet friendly and has good green space (unfortunately for others, it's around the pool!). The lobby is very attractive and well-kept. We like this hotel.

1  Thank Ms_Ernie
A TripAdvisor Member
Russellville, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed October 6, 2013

No complaints at all. Very close to the main roads you need to use most. Price right. Very clean and very comfortable. Staff goes way beyond to make sure your stay is perfect and to make you feel welcomed ! I will definately stay again !

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta