La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$101
$96
Sleep Inn(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$84
$76
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Slidell Inn(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
BestWestern.com
$95
$78
Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$90
$76
$129
Homewood
Hampton Inn Slidell(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton.com
$89
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$102
All reviewsnew orleanscracker barrelroom was cleanservice roadwafflesolder hotelstaff was friendlypool areafridge and microwavefrench quarterfirst floornice stayroad tripwould stay againcontinental breakfastconvenient locationeasy access
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
House Springs, Missouri, USA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nicely facelifted older motel, CLEAN, convenient, friendly. Excellent value. I do not get to this location often, but will stay at this facility if I am in the area again, either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow. I'm wondering if some of the other reviewers stayed where I did. We had a free night, so, is as typical of some desk staff, we were given the tiniest most obscure room available. Elite status with LQ, can be elite until you get a free night. Then maybe not so elite. The room was clean, there were restaurants very close. As to the decor, well..you have to really like seeing red, orange, and turquoise together to appreciate it, I guess. It was tricky to get in. We had to turn around twice, as the entrance from the traffic light is easy to miss on the right, and it is a one-way entrance. It would be much easier if LQ posted a sign at that corner. There were many 18 wheelers parked in the lot, making it not so easy to get to your parking space. I'm not sure why these weren't parked in the back. We did not do the free breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was okay, but I think there are better within close driving range.

Room Tip: Ask for the square foot before you take a Queen room. I don't think I have ever seen such a tiny motel room.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a second stay for me at this hotel. It was as great as the first! The desk staff was very proud of their hotel and were adroit in pointing out the remodeling that has been and is being done. The rooms are all new inside and the TV has a screen saver of a beach with the ocean crashing to the shore in a loop that was very nice to have in the background while I worked at the desk. The pillows are something you would see at a Hilton in Maui! I think this is a true gem as the rates are dirt cheap but the room is top drawer.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room and not a second floor on the N. side as it faces the freeway and you will get some traffic noise. If you have to be on that side of the hotel get the 1st floor room as the noise is negligible. Also, the Wal-Mart gas station just down from the hotel has the cheapest gas in the area.
2  Thank sciblue
Reviewed January 18, 2013

stayed one night while traveling. easy location. clean room. staff was very welcoming and helpfull. pool area was lovely, two pools, very clean great place to relax after a long drive. will gladly stay again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because 1) it was on our route and close to the interstate and 2) they accept large dogs with no extra fees.

That being said, I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was ok because it was cheap, but it could have been better.

The location is confusing to get to. It's on a one-way road next to the interstate, but there aren't clear signs pointing you how to get there. We missed the entrance the first time. Signage could definitely be better. It's also motel-style, with the rooms opening to the outside. It makes for a louder, potentially less secure experience.

The lobby was nice, though the guy checking us in was (I really hope) new and not very attuned to customer service. He made us wait while he was semi-rude to someone on the phone.

The breakfast was ok. It's basically waffles, cereal, some apples, hard-boiled eggs,, and juice. It's the same at all La Quintas we've stayed at.

Our room was fine, but it could have used some new paint. The bed was fine. The bower was fine. It was all fine for the price we paid.

• Stayed: December 2012