“Very Nice for a Generic Motel”
Review of Days Inn Slidell

Days Inn Slidell
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Tallahassee
“Very Nice for a Generic Motel”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Even though this motel has gotten some bad reviews, I decided to stay here anyway. I was very pleasantly surprised. The front desk clerk was very friendly and pleasant. She had some trouble with my reservation (I was using rewards points), but was apologetic and super nice. She told me that I was the only reservation for the night, and that she had given me one of their nicer rooms. So maybe all the rooms aren't as nice as the one I got (Room 220); I have no way of knowing.

My bathroom was spotlessly clean, and appeared to have been recently updated. My room was a generic motel room, but I have nothing negative to say about it. The television was great: not only was it a large, modern flat-screen tv, but it got about 70 channels and had an excellent picture and sound. The tv was in a very modern looking console that included a microware and a refrigerator. The next night I stayed in a room in downtown New Orleans with a normal price of over $300/night (I got a deal on Priceline), and its television didn't have as good a picture or even half as many channels.

There was the normal continental breakfast in the morning, but all I got was orange juice. The morning clerk was nice and asked if everything was fine with me room, and I said it was.

I would definitely stay at this motel again (but maybe I'd ask for Room 220!).

Room Tip: Ask for room 220?????
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here to evacuate from hurricane Issac. While waiting for the roads to clear so we could return home we would check with the front desk daily as they would assure us we would be able to stay as long as we need to. Suddenly while we still could not return home, we were told we had to leave immediately. Some tree trimming contractors booked the whole hotel. We were paying for every night we stayed. But got kicked out to the street.

• Stayed August 2012
Bladensburg
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had read previous reviews of this property on tripadvisor about the check-in experience and we can echo these comments: the desk clerk was hyper, bordering on rude. We also took the advice of some reviewers and asked for a coffee pot upon checking in and asking for extra coffee seemed criminal to this same desk clerk. The room itself was clean but small. Breakfast consisted of various breads, fruit and juice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel seems to be in the proccess of renovation. (Rolls flooring in lobby) The lobby and our room had new flooring and furniture and were very clean. The clerk told us the owner would not let them accept TravelCoupons from the red booklet on Saturdays,but she did
honor AAA discount. No coffee maker in room but you could borrow one from the front desk and return it. Continental breakfast was supposed to start at 6aam. but we had to wait until 7 am before it was ready. The cereal, fruit, and pasteries were all fresh.the hotel is conviently located near Rt.10 and is in an unattractive mall that has restaurants in walking distance. A newly renovated in right next door. They might actually accept their published coupon. This Days Inn seems to be confused about the hospitality part of the hospitality industry.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is place is terrible to stay. We were there in our last trip and we just sleep over night. The carpet was wet, and room condition was poor. It was a bargain place to stay near New Orleans. There are plenty of other hotels around in Slidell, this place offered best price, so we stayed there but it was not a good place to stay. The front desk representative was very nice and helpful.

Looking for cheap overnight stay, no matter what? Yes this place would work, else I really don't recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Elbow Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed October 15, 2011

When you book at Wyndam Rewards, you expect some degree of consistent quality. This hotel was terrible! The amenities that were listed on their website had been taken out of the room, so that they wouldn't be stolen. The internet connection was secured, so you couldn't log on. The bed was horrible! Like sleeping on a board! The bathroom had mold! Carpets were dirty, borders coming off the walls...and to top it all off...ROACHES CRAWLING EVERYWHERE! Needless to say we didn't stay!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20.00 and find a nice room from another chain! This is not Days Inn Quality!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DaysInnSlidell, Manager at Days Inn Slidell, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Sorry to see your online review but it is not supprise to hotel since you threat to front desk staff to put bad review online anyway. We tried to give all kind of offers possible to make you happy and stay. As we see it is not fair for hotel let you stay about two hours and decided to stay with your family member nearby and still want hotel give you 100% refund. Since nowdays nobody can control online review whether it is true or not all based on what you want to say, we feel like it is neccessay for hotel to response.Do you know any hotels have roaches everywhere are still in business?
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Let's just start off... The room was clean. Loved that in room 120 we had tile floors rather than carpet. Seemed much cleaner to me. There was an alright breakfast with very little selection. NO alarm clock, NO coffee maker and NO ironing board and iron. The last two are advertised online too!!! I came to Slidell for a wedding, well Saturday they come "clean" and take all our towels,wash cloths etc... @2:00 they have not replaced our towels yet. So we go ask what is going on and am told "they will be here by 3:00. She's washing them. I have new housekeeper mine is on maternity leave" so we go shopping come back at 4:00 and still NO towels. My brother in law who was staying in 118 had to hunt the cleaning lady down. For 2 rooms which consisted of 7 people she gave us : 4 towels, 4 wash cloths and 2 hand towels. No bath mat! So.. We go back to the front to ask for more towels and the cleaning lady shows up. Only 2 towels in her hamper. Front desk clerk hands them to us and they are Damp! She keeps telling my sister and I how they are clean just smell them. But that's not the point they are WET and we are still missing a towel. I was very disappointed all in all and would not recommend this motel! My sisters door didn't even have a chain lock on it which made her feel unsafe... Save your $$$ go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2011