“Excellent Service and Accommodations”

Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed May 17, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pearl W
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Reviewed May 14, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a newer hotel and a good addition to the area. Very polite staff, upscale bar/seating area and the breakfast area is a good mix of business traveler friendly and family friendly. Rooms were very clean with nice comfy bedding. Spacious bathroom (standard double bed). Decent gym area and inside pool. I'm a picky traveler and will stay again on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TravlGirl1

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities that we have to offer. I am especially happy to hear that you will be staying with us again on your next trip! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Overall a very nice hotel. Good value for the money. Stayed there Mother's Day weekend. However, the housekeeping staff needs to look at what they are doing and take more than a bit more care. The mirrors and windows had hand prints and nose prints when we arrived and they were there when we left. The bathroom vanity was not wiped down when the room was "cleaned" after our first night. The room "cleaning" consisted of making the beds and leaving some coffee only. The tissue dispenser, the TV, the lamps, the mirror, etc., all had much more than a one day coating of dust. The shampoo and body wash was not replaced leaving the two of us with none. It was a good thing that we travel with back ups. The hotel is fairly new, but is starting to show a lot of age due to stained carpets, drapes, etc. Stairway doors all need adjusting as they all slam every time they are closed. Breakfast consisted of the usual things. The staff did a good job keeping things full.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairways that are at either end of the property. Bring a Swifter if dust...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We will make sure that we look into the housekeeping issues that you indicated and make sure that housekeeping receives this feedback. I hope that next time you are in the area you come back and see us again!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I'll start by saying I should I have followed my instincts...and the reviews. Given it's Slidell, there is not all that much to choose from. I figured it was new so maybe there were just a few kinks. Wow, was I wrong. I should have really listened to the previous reviews.
Housekeeping is NONEXISTENT. As in, I was told this by an employee of the hotel and it certianly shows. Yes, as you might expect, my room was less than par. There was hair in the tub, hair on the bathroom floor, hair on the toilet, and thankfully...no hair on the bed (that I could see). The floors looked as if they were not vacuumed and the sofa bed (only 4 months old) had a large stain...no idea what that was. I asked for extra sheets to lay :/
I am not one to complain and I NEVER write reviews...however, this is just crazy. How a brand new hotel can't pull it together is beyond me. To top it off, I was told (by an employee) that housekeeping staff were making dirty beds (insert cringing here)!
I asked for a larger room and was given it...however, I was NOT informed it was DOUBLE the charge. That would have been a nice little bit of information to know before I said GREAT, sounds good.
Take my advice and try Homewood Suites...I wish I had.

Room Tip: Your best bet is to go elsewhere...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mandes1977
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

I apologize that you did not receive our standard level of service. We will work hard as a team and take the appropriate steps to make sure that situation you described never happens again. I know that you were able to speak with our General Manager and I hope he was able to address your grievances appropriately. Thank you for your feedback, this is very important to us as we continue to learn and grow.