“Thank You Wingate”

Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed April 3, 2014

New, clean, day staff is very customer oriented.

My company has a business near the location, I spend time in the area and need a place I can relax with no worries. They have exceeded my expectations; believe me this area has been in need of a quality location like Wingate.

Yes, there are a few issues I’m sure they will correct, like the West side door not opening with the key, but it’s convenient, comfortable and clean.

My last day there the week of 3.31.14 after checking out and going to work I realized I had left my wallet on the table in the room. Without calling I drove back over at lunch, they were waiting for me with my wallet! Later I learned they had called an associate of mine who had stayed there in the past trying to run me down.

I can’t say enough how thankful I am to have a new business partner I trust in the area!

Thank you Wingate!

Room Tip: Park on the East side, the room key will work on the outter door.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! We are excited to be the new kid on the block and are very proud to be able to offer a quality product and service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Reviewed March 30, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2014

it's a shame to have employees who seem to be so unhappy to be working in an enviroment where people skills are needed. we are arrived as many guest are, exhausted from driving. we were very pleased to see that this was a new hotel a nice treat for the long drive. the lady at the front desk looked up at me and mywife and did not greet us? we waited a few minutes and approaced her counter. she looks up and seems to be annoyed we are there? she asks name? we say our last name and it being a long spanish name we repeat it several times. I inform her i have a copy of the reservation to see if that would help. after her failing to find us she takes the copy and what do you know a minute later we appear. we are given our paperwork and room number and are not told anything of the new hotel or the surrending area, maybe it was close to her break time/lunch? the room smelled good, looked new and everything worked. the pool is a good size and in good condition. the lobby is new with plenty of seating. the breakfast options were many. the young lady who was working the breakfast bar/serving area she had a look of diguist and anger as the many hotel guest would come down to enjoy a breakfast before heading out. maybe she should work another area of the hotel just saying. overall would we stay here again? sadly no we will not stay here again. customer service is very imortant to us. shame really...i

Room Tip: we stayed on the highest floor, overall it was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

First off I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our property. The customer service (or lack there of) that you received is not our typical service and I apologize that you had to endure that. I will be looking into this situation and hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves by staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 28, 2014