“Family Friendly Food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Brought the whole family to Phil's. I always try the specials. Today it was Mahi Marleine. As I suspected it was great! A Mahi filet grilled over fresh spinach leaves. Included was a seafood stuffing with an excellent cream sauce. It was so good I had to finish it all, except the mac and cheese. I had to leave the mac in order to leave room for the bread pudding of the day. Butterfinger Bread Pudding>OMG! I would have licked the plate if I was alone! And at least have another person share the bread pudding. It's a huge slice and a wonderful treat. My wife had the shrimp special. And took what seemed like a whole order home for later. We aren't going to waste fried shrimp. The spaghetti and meatballs are my granddaughters favorite here. Grandson gets the fried catfish. And they always have fresh boiled seafood. Come on down for a table overlooking the marina. You will leave satisfied.

1  Thank Curtis O
There are newer reviews for Phil's Marina Cafe

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been here with my brother and his family who live nearby. As a native New Orleanian, we are very particular about our seafood. The shrimp are lightly breaded and not oily. Oysters are fresh and also well cooked. The stuffed crab is outstanding and well seasoned and loaded with crab. Many local Abita beers on tap. Good value for the price.

1  Thank KDellsperger
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped on trip back from Mississippi. The oysters, soft shell crabs covered with crawfish were out of this world. The fried shrimp were to die for. Thier seafood is the best I've ever eaten, and this is from a 66 year old man that has tasted seafoof around the world.
Great view, and wait staff was phoenimal.
Will be driving back from southwest La. just for the food.

2  Thank wwarmentor
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Never had a bad experience at Phil's Marina Cafe. The food was excellent and timely/fresh. The waitress was friendly and service was great. It was nice to walk out on the pier and enjoy the view after the meal..

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went on a Saturday night which meant we knew it was going to be crowded. Being out of towners, it was extremely hard to find coming from our hotel (which isn't even that far!) because there isn't a sign out (the restaurant is under the Yacht Club) on the street and no adequate lighting. Fortunately, when I called the girl on the phone gave good directions (past the field with the white fence and it's a big, blue building). Since it was Saturday, the wait staff was busy and a litle slow. My catfish poyboy was good. The boiled shrimp my party had as an entree featured huge shrimp, but they still had their heads on. They were served warm which meant it was a little harder to peel them, but they said they were good. We asked for bread or crackers to go with the gumbo ordered, but none arrived. The bowls of gumbo are large, but would be better served with a piece of bread (like the thick, fresh bread the poboys come on).

Been to Phil's Marina Cafe? Share your experiences!