“Best food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
meridian, ms
“Best food”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you want fresh seafood and scenic views this is the place for you. They have patio seating. The fried shrimp is the best I've ever had. You have to try the dip which is also good. Great value!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank asnow815

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Hot crab dip!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hot crab dip with the fried ravioli is delish!!! Good bloody Mary's. Portions are large.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Justsomegal
Rome, Ga
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Longing for fresh seafood, we found Phil's Marina Cafe. We each ordered the fried seafood platter. Reservations are not needed unless there are 8 or more in the group. We must have arrived at a good time for we were seated immediately and had a choice of inside or on the patio. We chose the patio. It was air conditioned and overlooked Lake Pontchartrain.

We chose the fried seafood platter. At a cost of $15.95 (not including beverages and before tax and gratuity) our dinner included a house salad, two large fish filets, about 6 large shrimp, 6 oysters, (we didn't actually count the shrimp or oysters but that's probably the right count), as well as a delicious crab cake, two hushpuppies, toasted bread, and more french fries than you could possibly eat! We both took food home for dinner the next evening. Be aware that the food carries a bit of a bite as the hushpuppies and crab cakes appeared to have a little jalapeno pepper in them but not too much! The tea was wonderful and included an extra glass of just ice for those of us who like really cold iced tea!

We hardly had to wait at all before our food was served, piping hot, smelling and tasting wonderful, by very friendly, courteous serving staff.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting good seafood and not wanting to drive into New Orleans to find it.

The food was fried but not at all greasy. The patio was air conditioned and overlooked Lake Pontchartrain. The serving

Visited April 2012
1 Thank TravelingMomRome_Ga
Dallas, Texas
“Great Local Seafood with a View to Match”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is one of our favorites in Slidell which is an easy drive from locations on the northshore or New Orleans. Located on one of the canals of Lake Pontchartrain, the restaurant has many tables with a view including an outdoor/indoor room. The 24 shrimp and fries every day special cannot be beat! The shrimp are large and fresh, and this only costs $11.95! On Sundays, oysters on the half shell are 50 cents each as well as one of the draft beer choices. The stuffed crabs are good and come with a salad and a side (try the macaroni and cheese). The salads are a little disappointing, but the homemade bleu cheese dressing makes up for that. The service is fine. Be sure to save time to take a walk down to the dock for a closer look at the view.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank LSU1976
MS
“Crawfish Bread!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Every once in awhile you find a hidden gem worth sharing, and Phillips is one of them. Tucked back in a corner of Eden Isles, right off the east side of the I-10 bridge. You’re not going to just run across it, but it’s worth looking for.
It’s located on the docks of the St. Tammany Yacht Club, but not associated with the club. In fair weather there is open air dining over the docks. Every time I’ve been there, though, the plastic curtains were down due to the weather.
This is not fine dining, but very casual, very good food. I’ll go right to the good stuff: Get the crawfish bread. Let me say that again: Get the crawfish bread. One order will make an appetizer for two people, but you’ll be wanting more. The best crawfish bread I’ve ever had, and that’s throwing it up against some strong competition.
You’re in an area that’s known for it’s oysters and shrimp, and Phillips doesn’t disappoint. I’ve only had them fried, so can’t speak to the other ways they fix them. Delicious! On my last trip there I tried their seafood gumbo, and while it was okay, it wasn’t on a par with the other things I’ve had there. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. I go there for crawfish bread, fried oysters and fried shrimp.
I’ve read several reviews on TripAdvisor that complained about the service there. Maybe the luck of the draw in who your server is, but I’ve never had any problem at all with the service. Always prompt and attentive. This is a place I’ll keep going back to.

• Visited February 2012