“2x2 inch slice of cheese cake for $8 was ridiculous! At least make it look close to the picture.”

Copeland's Of New Orleans
Ranked #7 of 235 Restaurants in Slidell
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Service was better than usual. We are locals and have almost given up on this location Service continues to decline, but Sunday it was great!!! That needs to be said. Music is unusually loud. We asked to be moved, but it was just as loud. Eggs Benedict last year when I ordered it was cold. Eggs Benedict, one year later, still cold? Guess I will get something different next year. Seasonal King Cake Cheese Cake looked amazing in the picture. It was a joke when it came out for $8, Thought we would share it, wasn't enough for one person. I have ordered lunch to go three times in four months and the order has been mixed up three times. Last week my entree was overlooked, with no sauce, rubbery chicken, and cold. Didn't they use to have the Manager walk around and ask how was your meal? Lol....

1  Thank Bakera27

Reviewed February 8, 2013

So I have heard that you go to New Orleans for the food. Due to the nature of my trip, I was unable to enjoy the food in the heart of the city. Also considering it was near impossible being in the middle of Mardi Gras and Super Bowl week. Copeland's in Slidell became an easy choice away from most of the excitement, and the decision could not have been better.
Their menu is filled with wonderful options that beg you try most it in one evening. From the gumbo to crab stuffed shrimp, a fabulous appetizer, beginnings were just the way to start a cajun dinner. Crab cakes, try them blackened, were not filled with breading and the crab meat was juicy and flavorful. I settled on the Blackened Redfish as my entree, and I must say it is one of the best fish preparations I have ever enjoyed. Service through a long meal was quick and attentive. The atmosphere of the restaurant nearly matched the quality of the food. Perhaps a bit dark with a couple wobbly tables, little can detract from the overall fabulous dining experience at Copeland's. A fine option in for a quality meal in New Orleans.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were anticipating a restaurant we had visited a few years ago only to find they had gone out of business. I am so glad we found this place! I had the blackened catfish which was cooked to perfection. The boys got the Shrimp Alfredo with Crab Cakes and the Chicken Alfredo. The portions are large and it is exquisitely cooked. The atmosphere is great and the waitstaff are friendly. I cannot give them high enough kudos for everything. Great for a couple or a family.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

The first place we ate at upon arrival in Louisiana was Copeland's based on a recommendation from a local friends. The food was excellent! I ordered blackened catfish with red beans and rice....items that I've never had before. The kids loved their bbq chicken and mac n cheese. It was a great intro to Louisiana cooking. We'll definitely come back again on our next visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited here with a group of 10 people for business based on the recommendations I read on TripAdvisor. I would definitely eat here again! The food was very good and I thought it was a good value. We didn't have to wait long even though we didn't have a reservation, but the restaurant is quite large so they can accommodate a lot of people.

We had appetizers as well as our main courses, and both were very good. I had gumbo as a starter and catfish for my main. They were fantastic! The desserts looked great but we were so full from dinner that we didn't try them.

I would recommend this restaurant to any one staying in the area.

Been to Copeland's Of New Orleans? Share your experiences!