“First dinner in Louisiana and loved it!”

Copeland's Of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 230 Restaurants in Slidell
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
“First dinner in Louisiana and loved it!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

The first place we ate at upon arrival in Louisiana was Copeland's based on a recommendation from a local friends. The food was excellent! I ordered blackened catfish with red beans and rice....items that I've never had before. The kids loved their bbq chicken and mac n cheese. It was a great intro to Louisiana cooking. We'll definitely come back again on our next visit.

Everett, Washington
“worth the visit...”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited here with a group of 10 people for business based on the recommendations I read on TripAdvisor. I would definitely eat here again! The food was very good and I thought it was a good value. We didn't have to wait long even though we didn't have a reservation, but the restaurant is quite large so they can accommodate a lot of people.

We had appetizers as well as our main courses, and both were very good. I had gumbo as a starter and catfish for my main. They were fantastic! The desserts looked great but we were so full from dinner that we didn't try them.

I would recommend this restaurant to any one staying in the area.

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good food, but very busy”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal at Copeland's, even though there was an hour wait. It was cold when we visited and their wait area is small, so we busied ourselves by eating our dessert first. They have a cheesecake/dessert area when you first walk in. Since it was busy there wasn't much room to stand, but we enjoyed the Reese's cheesecake we had.

For dinner we had a sample of hot plates, rather than just one or two dishes. All were tasty, but the corn and crab bisque was our favorite.

It was cold in the dining room because people kept opening the front door. I imagine this normally wouldn't be a problem except for cold and busy nights.

Our server was pleasant, but it took us awhile to get our bill.

If I was traveling through the area again, I would probably stop there again. It was easy to find, the food was good, and I'm sure the atmosphere would be more pleasant on a warmer, less busy evening.

Louisville, KY
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The previous reviews were all spot on, this place is really good. Our waitress was very attentive, our food was delicious. They offered a very diversified menu, so if you want to try something new, or stay with your standby dishes you can do either one. Would go back again if we visit the area in the future.

Calabogie, Ontario, Canada
“Great meal at the end of a long day.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travelled all day in a rainstorm, finally getting to Slidell in late pm. We decided to try Copeland's based on trip-advisor reviews. We weren't really hungry, so had some soup (yaya gumbo) and a couple of their taster plates. Awesome food, the seafood was fresh and the biscuits were light and fluffy. We waited a bit for the waiter but he was attentive when he came (didn't know we'd been seated in his area) and we were served efficiently and quickly. I left with a warm and happy tummy.
My husband was disappointed that there was no draught beer, but they removed it after flooding.

• Visited January 2013