“We (as locals) LOVE it”
Review of Miyagi sushi buffet and grill - CLOSED

Miyagi sushi buffet and grill
Cuisines: Chinese
Slidell, Louisiana
“We (as locals) LOVE it”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is one place that all 4 of our family members can agree on! The outside is not that impressive, but the inside is nice, updated and clean. This is an all you can eat Japanese restaurant.... There is a huge selection of delicious sushi and during dinner hours,boiled crawfish is served... and it is cooked correctly ~ they taste very good!!

There are so many delicious dishes here that I will not begin to list my favorites! I have not tried the hybichi grill, but my 2 kids and husband enjoy that immensely. I have to disagree with an earlier poster on a number of things, however, the boiled shrimp are rather bland. They do not season them like the do the crawfish ~ they are easy to peel, and very large, but without using the cocktail sauce that they provide, they are lacking taste. These shrimp are similar to the shrimp served at the casino, if you are familiar with that... They do taste very good with the cocktail sauce though.

After dinner, there is an all you can eat , individually wrapped Popsicle, ice cream cup surprise!! They used to have big barrels of Blue Bell ice cream to choose from (I LOVE the coffe with almonds), but I believe that was a problem because the spoons were not allowed to sit in the ice cream and customers used a spoon from other favors to scoop out another flavor which caused a mess. They discontinued the ice cream barrels and serve only individually wrapped ice cream products now.

My kids love the end of our meal when the waitress brings out hot towels for us to clean our hands!

This restaurant is quite busy, so I would assume that there are quite a few people who agree with my opinion!! I would glady bring an out of town guest here for dinner.

• Visited June 2013

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Buffet leaves much to be desired”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Sushi is below average, bland, using processed crab meat in several of the sushi rolls and not what I was expecting. The boiled shrimp on the salad bar were over cooked and in need of seasoning.
Other shrimp dishes were also below par as they were overcooked and under seasoned.
The best dish was the teriyaki steak. Very tender and flavorful.
Most of the breaded chicken dishes were tough and seemed to be over cooked.
Waitress was very attentive and on the spot with her service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wheeler67
Texarkana, Texas
“Awesome place to eat if you like Sushi in Slidell, LA”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stumbled across this place while in Slidell.
The food was great and the Sushi was fresh. There was a good selection of Sushi and sea food there. They had the spicy tuna rolls out there on the buffet. :)
They also have the Hibachi grill area too.
I would surely recommend eating here if you are in the area.
We left Cajun Encounters swamp tour and was hungry. We are glad we found it.

• Visited March 2013