“Some food was good some was just ok”
Review of Salsa Loca Mexican Cantina - CLOSED

Salsa Loca Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 29, 2013

They are usually pretty hopping when we go for lunch and on several occasion have left and gone somewhere else because there was no place to sit inside and the wait would have put me way over my 1 hour lunch time. The taco salad was pretty good and is a large serving. The Nachos don't have any meat, but beware if you and beef it is ground with no seasoning like you would think of taco meat would have.The chip's and salsa are wonderful. The Nacho supreme is good, but odd they put the beans way on the bottom so if you don't know they are there you eat all the good stuff on top and are left with just beans on the bottom.The decor it cute and the table are over sized so you have plenty of room at a four top. The wait staff seems to be either understaffed or slow, not quite sure which one it is. We will be back to try a few other things on the menu. The price point is a little high compared to the to Mexican restaurants around town, but I think the ingredients are fresh here other than the other ones in Slidell. They do deliver which is really nice. I would advise if you order lunch all around 11 when they open because the place is so packed you can't even hear the phone ring at lunch time.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Their menu is limited and over priced. I asked the waiter if they had chili and he said chili wasn't really Mexican????. What. I had the carnitas which was just meat boiled with no seasoning and very little onions. We brought most of it home and recooked it with seasoning. Carnitas should be fried with alot of onions then seasoned. Their carnitas had no taste. As I said there wasn't much to choose from on the menu. Been there twice and won't be back, there are better Mexican restaurants around.

3  Thank maxster7
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've ordered from them more than once. On some occasions the food is great! On other occasions the food is cold when delivered and I have to reheat it. The food would be great if delivered on time. it seems they want to cut corners on staffing. They would better serve themselves by hiring quality people and paying for it. Developing a reputation is everything in the restaurant business and given the other negative reviews, it's not just limited to the delivery service. I really hope they work out these kinks...or taco's and beer starts delivering.

2  Thank lovemexicanoooh
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been to Salsa Loca several times, it is new to the Slidell Area, very good but still needs some improvements! Located behind Kenny's Seafood off Pontchartrain, It has a certain Charm about it that I love. Outdoor seating under a large Oak Tree and Indoor seating in an Old Wooden House. Food is good must try the Seafood Burrito as it is excellent as well as the Salsarita, I believe is what it was called a Mago, Berry Margarita! I really enjoyed the Atmosphere outside and the food is good. Although the tortillas are very small, they are good and homemade daily! Service is very slow and they really need to work on this as every time I have gone there it has been the same with the service! Must try if you like Mexican Food as I feel that it was very good!

1  Thank Penny T
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went last night, well that will never happen again. The service was ok, but the food had no seasoning, I ordered nachos, meat and cheese only, Of course they do not sell them that way. So I paid for the Nachos Supreme, without the supreme part. Very little meat and cheese, and no taste. My son had the 3 tacos, meat and cheese for 6.00 dollars with no seasoning. I ordered a side of tamales, only to be informed they did not have any, but the could up sell me to two emphanados for 10.95. Same meat as the tacos. The food is bad and way over priced.

3  Thank Ray F