“Love it”
Review of Salsa Loca Mexican Cantina - CLOSED

Salsa Loca Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fresh margarita, not the frozen sugar fare you find everywhere. Great atmospher on the deck, service needs a boost. Salsa is delish. FUN FUN when they have music outside, wish they had it more often. The best mexican in Slidell, and guess what??? NO MEXICANS!!!??? Oh and no constant mexican music, that a real plus

1  Thank beachgirlinms

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Food is not bad. But the service was beyond bad. We were ignored. I am sure somewhere I have had bad service but have no idea when or where. It was "thirsty thursday" and I left more thirsty then when I arrived. It wasn't crowded. It was just bad service and no one seemed to care. Complaining did nothing and actually that was ignored also. Food at this restaurant could never offset the service.

7  Thank D0nald
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had dinner for the first time at Salsa Loca. We don't know that this restaurant existed but friends had spotted it and asked us to try it with them. The decor of the restaurant is very cute. Ther is also a large deck outside. Once we were seated, we all ordered margaritas. Our husbands' traditional margaritas were good, but the strawberry margaritas seemed a bit flavorless. Also they were served in martini glasses. My friend asked why we got ours in martini glasses when we could see other customers with the same drinks in larger margarita glasses. The server said that they didn't have any clean margarita glasses. Really??? A little while later we were brought a small glass with some additional drink. I also ordered a glass of water which wasn't brought out until I asked for it again. The complimentary chips and salsa were very tasty.

After we ordered our food, the waitress returned to tell us they were out of Carnitas, which is supposedly one of the specialties. It wasn't even 8 PM. Very disappointing. We ordered the mixed fajitas (chicken, beef and shrimp), chicken fajitas and carne asada. All the food was brought out sizzling hot and cooked perfectly. The servings were generous and the prices reasonable.

I would try Salsa Loca again because of the food and prices, but the service needs improvement.

1  Thank MizzW