“Hidden Gem of Excellence”

Christopher's on Carey
Ranked #90 of 224 Restaurants in Slidell
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Hidden Gem of Excellence”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went thru olde towne to locate this restaurant..nice atmosphere and relaxing music with excellent service..mussels with some pinot grigio followed by athick cut veal porterhouse chop seasoned and done to perfection...my wife had an excellent oyster and artichoke soup and then diver scallops with a terrific sauce....weshared a true bread pudding...do not fill up too much on the wonderful french bread loaves served hot...wish we had tried this placea long time ago...trulyexcellent.

• Visited July 2013

Picayune, Mississippi
“Maybe I'll have better luck next time”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I first dined here a few months ago, when it was winter. The menu was a perfect fit to the season offering spinach salad, roasted beet salad, filet, duck breast, veal chop, etc. but then last night I was a bit disappointed to see the same menu. It's nice but I would have preferred a summery special, and/or something different for the specials. They featured the same turtle soup and mussels appetizer specials as lest time. The food is good, the service was good, the atmosphere was good but not outstanding, nothing really special. I ordered the "whole Pompano" expecting the whole fish but it was only a fillet. That was disappointing because I was looking forward to fish cheeks. It was good but sort of plain, nothing great. They were out of the beet salad, they were also out of the wine we wanted, and the Bombay gin my husband ordered. Is that a sign something is not right? This could be something really special with a little more effort. The prices are right, I would love to go back but only will if there is a change in the menu.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank PennyStettinius
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great place”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I loved the ambience and food of this place Great location in old town slidell I think it is new It used to be a Tea Room

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Grandmamajoy777
new orleans
“great spot/hidden treasure!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family enjoyed a wonderful meal the weekend after Thanksgiving at Christopher's on Carey. It's located in Olde Town Slidell - I grew up in Slidell and my parents still live there, but I hadn't heard of this place before. I'm so glad that we took a chance and went there! I was in charge of making reservations for my family (8 adults, 1 toddler and 2 babies) and everything was just perfect! They seated us in the back part of the restaurant - it felt like very private because we were practically in our own room. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. We had several appetizers and everyone loved their entrees - fresh ingredients, beautifully prepared and good-sized portions. Excellent value for the price - this restaurant is on par with the better restaurants in New Orleans! I hope to return soon for a date night with my husband!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank dawnNewOrleans
Slidell, Louisiana
“Top Class”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great food and service. One of the top 3 Restaurants in Slidell. Great for special occasions. One of a kind creations that make your mouth water...

Visited May 2012