“Good food/long wait for food”

Zea Rotisserie & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zea Rotisserie & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 229 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Slidell, LA
“Good food/long wait for food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a nice dinner at Zea's in Slidell. Nice wait staff with knowledge of their dishes and when we asked about serving size he clearly said that since we commonly shared meals out, he thought we would be fine sharing - some wait staff do not offer this advice when asked. We ordered the roasted chicken and yes it clearly was enough for 2.
It did take longer than usual to get our meal. That would have been fine if we were having a drink or two before the meal or if we were with friends but we were wanting to get to the movies as well.
I would eat there again but just in case will allow for longer wait.

• Visited April 2013

Townsend, Tennessee
“Large portions”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and two friends ate here tonight. Very nice atmosphere. The service was excellent.
My wife and I split the catfish- easily large enough for two- with hushpuppies and two sides.
I had the roasted corn and she the grits. They were both delicious. My friends had the roasted chicken, again plenty for two.
When traveling this way again, we will stop.

• Visited May 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“great rotisserie chicken and grits”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had dinner at Zea the other night and very much enjoyed the meal. I had the rotisserie chicken, caesar salad and grits. The grits were some of the best I have ever had in a restaurant. The chicken was succulent and seasoned well. Service was great as well. I will eat here again next time I'm in Slidell.

• Visited May 2013
Portsmouth, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Eat here. The food is awesome and the service is great. The Slidell location was very nice, but we also ate at the St Charles Avenue location, which was decidedly more upscale.

Visited March 2013
Eden Isles Louisiana
“Best Grits on the planet!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything we had was great, but the "smoked corn grits" make yo' Mama's grits second-rate!
We had them as a side with our meal (the waitress brought a 'taster' before we ordered), and they were so good we ordered a quart-to-go. And plan to pick up a pint or quart everytime we're in the neighborhood.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Zea Rotisserie & Grill? Share your experiences!