“Will DEFINITELY be back!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Lewiston, Maine
“Will DEFINITELY be back!!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Wow, this was our first time staying here and we were very impressed with ALL the staff. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and very welcoming. Brandon and Penne went above and beyond at the front desk. Barbara in housekeeping did a fantastic job. Ann, the waitress, also did an excellent job and was very prompt. The bed was soooooo comfortable; don't change a thing! I would love to see a magnifying mirror attached to the bathroom wall to help with shaving and/or makeup. All the amenities were terrific! A DEFINITE return stay for this Mainer!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor suite is highly recommended!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HiGm70461, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear ladygolfer44,
Thank you so much for providing feedback on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Slidell. I love hearing that you had a great stay and have shared your review with our staff- Penne, Brandon, Ann and Barbara were so very pleased to know they provided exceptional service! We do hope to see you again soon so we can continue to earn your loyalty.

Michelle Parks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Helotes, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at this location. My room was very clean thanks to Barbara. We also ate at the cafe and received great service from Ann both mornings. She was very friendly! The food was really good too. We ordered from the menu and had the omelets. Yum! The only reason I gave them 4 out of 5 was something that happened at check-in. We arrived at midnight and upon arriving I was told they would have to credit my old card(which was comprised my Target and my bank sent me a new one) and then charge my new card. First of all, Holiday Inn charged my debit card in November for a February reservation. Which I discovered when I received an overdraft warning on my account. Then, they wanted to credit a card which no longer existed, so it took three days to hit my account. But the new charge hit right away. Luckily I had the money to cover it, but I don't like the fact that they had charged me in November to begin with. The guy working the desk was not rude, but I still was not happy with first impressions. After that though the rest of the stay was great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HiGm70461, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Katherine G,
Although I am disappointed that we did not make an outstanding first impression, I am very happy that Ann and Barbara provided you great service and a clean refreshing room! I have discussed your issue with our Guest Services Team to verify that are retrained in dealing with advanced deposits correctly should a card be lost or stolen prior to arrival. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited Slidell for the purpose of checking out real estate that would meet our fishing expectations. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and had the king suite on the third floor. A great room with plenty of space. There is of course a king bed in one area and then a separate area with a couch (single sleeper) , refrig, microwave , and coffee maker. Two TV's which was great. Felt like we were together but also had some "breathing room". The room was very clean!! Thermostat controlled by a wall control which was nice. I am not sure why I have high expectations of bathrooms, but I do. I should know by now that no hotel chain can update all bathrooms to my expectations! This bathroom however did have upgraded countertops. I would recommend using the shower / bath mat inside the shower as the tub floor was very slippery.
The café downstairs was great for us because I di not want to get back out in Slidell traffic. It has a small but really good menu and full bar. My 15 year old chose the bacon cheeseburger with fries and I had the philly cheesesteak. They were both really good. They also have po-boys, some good appetizers and a few seafood dishes. In the morning , you can purchase breakfast from the café or you can enjoy free coffee and walk/ drive a short distance to McDonalds or Wendy's. There are two gas stations nearby and several other restaurants. You are right off the interstate before getting on 10 west and a short drive backwards to get on 10 east. Indoor pool was in great shape! The workout room had three treadmills and a good selection of free weights- joins to the indoor pool. We will stay here again if we are still in the market for this area. Fabulous customer service !! Good, small, safe place to be!

Room Tip: Room 337--- king suite on third floor at end of hall. Right beside stairs and vending
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HiGm70461, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Fisherfolks,
We are very pleased to hear your feedback about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Slidell, La! I have shared your feedback with our team. The suites are indeed very spacious and provide a relaxing space to enjoy your trip. We do hope to see you again soon. Please let us know when you're ready to book!

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

An excellent hotel,very friendly staff. Checked in about 7p, Brandon first desk staff was very helpful with any questions that were asked. Rooms were very clean; breakfast was the best. Courtney the waitress during breakfast was also very friendly and prompt. Would also like to thank Michelle the General Manager for making sure our stay was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HiGm70461, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Lisa N,

Wow! We are so pleased that you shared your experience with us here at teh Holiday Inn and Suites in Slidell! Brandon, COurtney and I are especially thrilled to know we helped provide you with an exceptional experience. It was great meeting you and we truly hope to see you again soon!

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my 3rd time to stay at this property during the past year (12 days) and each time I have been positively impressed by their great customer service and overall attention to detail (guest, service, and property). While I could hear some nearby traffic noise from I-20, it was not bothersome. I never heard any noise from adjoining rooms, something I appreciate since I am a "light sleeper". The breakfast was diverse in choices with the quality exceeding what you would normally expect from a "value-priced" property. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The staff is very capable in customizing your indiviudal room requirements upon request.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear StanB235,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn and Suites in Slidell, La. We truly appreciate your business and your feedback regarding your visits with us! I have shared your review with our team to congraulate them on a job well done! We look forward to seeing you again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The staff, especially Penne and Ashley, was a great help with anything I needed!! They went above and BEYOND!!! I will DEFINATELY stay here again while working in the New Orleans area!!!! I HIGHLY recommend staying here for a GREAT experience!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott W
Dear Scott W,

We truly love hearing feedback from our guests and are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations! I have shared your review with our team who are thrilled to read your review, especially Penne and Ashley. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at this location and the stay and service was excellent. Decided to have breakfast and Ann was very attentive and personable. I would definietly recommend this hotel.

Rob M.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear skydiver068,
I have shared your review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Slidell, La. We are very pleased to have provided an exceptional stay for you! Ann is also pleased to have been mentioned as she strives to kepp our guest happy so they will keep returning. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!